README for ISBNDBService v1.0 07-06-2009 (7 june 2009)
ISBNDBService is a PHP wrapper for isbndb.com's webservice API. It will represent
the returned data as PHP objects that can be manipulated and read.
* Implements paging mechanism used by the webservice
* Can represent all data currently returned by the webservice
* Can handle all request types currently used by the webservice
* Makes pages and resultset function as iterators
This library relies on an implementation of an autoload mechanism. No files are automatically included or required to allow
for a flexible implementation of this library in your project
If you want to display data from a result or a collection in a generic way, say XML or JSON use the decorator pattern.
For example if you want to display a collection as an xml string to use in an AJAX request:
protected $collection = null;
public function __construct(ISBNDBServiceCollection $collection)
$this->collection = $collection;
public function __toString()
* This is the place where you loop over your collection and
* create the xml string that you need to display.