Documentation for 'Designer-Stats'
Copyright (C) 2002 by Isurgery Limited.
by Rodney Greenfield <email@example.com>
This is not a full blown web traffic anaylsis tool that records everything about everybody, everywhere.
It does not access web logs, require or keep them.
This is a system to get straight to the heart of what we need to know as web designers/developers.
* How backwards compatable to we need to go?
* What version of flash can we get away with?
* What browser/multimedia technology does our target audience use?
* Do we need to look at a multi-lingual version?
* What percent of our audience need to download <...> plugin?
* Do I really need to test <...> on <...> browser on <...> platform?
If you have a mySQL database, run the sql script titled 'mysql_traffic_summary_table.sql' into the site's database.
If you aren't using mySQL, create a matching table with the field names / types specified in 'mysql_traffic_summary_table.sql' file.
You may need to use a database abstraction layer ADODB to bridge between your database the these classses. See http://php.weblogs.com/adodb#downloads for information on how to download this functionality.
Use 'sample_page_to_analyse.php' for a usage example of how to include full browser detection in your project.
Edit the page parameters to match your datase and functionally requirements.
Create or use 'sample_traffic_summary.php' to view the data collected.
The graphics for 'sample_traffic_summary.php' are avaliable from http://www.isurgery.co.nz/designer_stats_gfx.zip