PHP Classes

Upper limit

Recommend this page to a friend!

DBF Class  >  All threads  >  Upper limit  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Upper limit
Summary:Is there an upper limit of rows to be imported?
Author:Ragnvald Larsen
Date:2005-06-22 09:21:31
Update:2007-01-17 15:26:04

1. Upper limit   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ragnvald Larsen Ragnvald Larsen - 2005-06-22 09:21:31
I am using DNF Class to import a DBF-file containing 81760 rows. This doesn't work. Or rather, the import just wont stop importing. Something fishy here. Anybody else has had the same problem?

2. Re: Upper limit   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Faro K Rasyid Faro K Rasyid - 2007-01-17 11:13:35 - In reply to message 1 from Ragnvald Larsen
hi Ragnvald, it's not fishy :) this question is already asked sometime ago, by email.

the reason for the limit of the row is the DBaseIII dbf file structure itself
(i only made the class for that version ,sorry) the number of rows value is 16 bit number which is 65535, and that's why the class has only limited rows

for reference you can see in this link
dbase.com/knowledgebase/int/db7_fil ...

hope it helps
farokr

3. Re: Upper limit   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ragnvald Larsen Ragnvald Larsen - 2007-01-17 15:26:04 - In reply to message 2 from Faro K Rasyid
Thankyou for your help Faro!

Doing this thing in PHP really didn't make sense anyway. Juggling a physical dbf-file of this size - updating it - with a PHP-script was a risky business anyway. But your script has been of great help when I used PHP for the task.

I am now using Python for the task and after doing a compile I actually ended up having an executable file doing the job. The dbf-file I am now working on has around 16 million rows.

Read more about the application here:

mindland.com/countless/tikiwiki/tik ...

Regards,

Ragnvald