Login   Register  
PHP Classes
elePHPant
Icontem

Doesn't work

Recommend this page to a friend!
Stumble It! Stumble It! Bookmark in del.icio.us Bookmark in del.icio.us

Mail Check  >  All threads  >  Doesn't work  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Doesn't work
Summary:Doesn't work for non existing emails
Author:klevis miho
Date:2010-01-27 14:11:27
Update:2010-01-27 23:41:41

1. Doesn't work   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of klevis miho
klevis miho
2010-01-27 14:11:27
This code doesn't work for example:

asdfasdfawerwvaseluiahckjelafioau8wekisjeilu@gmail.com

2. Re: Doesn't work   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Tiberiu Malcea
Tiberiu Malcea
2010-01-27 15:03:24 - In reply to message 1 from klevis miho
Hi!

The class works as it is supposed to do! It doesn't check the user availability on remote server, only the syntax of email address AND if the domain name is real / responding or not.

It can be tweaked to check also for real user mailbox availability, but this is more complicated and not very correct, due to discrepancies in different servers' response to SMTP commands.

Hope this helps!

TM

3. Re: Doesn't work   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of klevis miho
klevis miho
2010-01-27 15:13:06 - In reply to message 2 from Tiberiu Malcea
Yeah you are right, but another thing I noticed was that it doesnt check the syntax for the email very good.
Anyway I am using this class so thank you for it :) .

PS try to add this:

if(eregi("^[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,3})$", $email))

to make sure it's a valid email syntax.

4. Re: Doesn't work   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Tiberiu Malcea
Tiberiu Malcea
2010-01-27 23:41:41 - In reply to message 3 from klevis miho
Right, KM, might not be not near close to perfect. I made it more than 5 years ago, when I needed something to check email syntax AND server MX records in order to give me a clue in debuging SMTP errors on mail servers and could not find anything close to this functionality at that moment. It really worked for me since then (when I'm not sure, I get the old telnet 25 which is more suitable for this kind of checks).

Thanks for your tips, but I will have to make time to check the eregi syntax you gave (I'm not a programmer, i work in other fields of IT / networking, php was / is just a week-end and late-nights hobby for me! ;) ).