PHP Classes

Attachments details

Recommend this page to a friend!

POP3 e-mail client  >  All threads  >  Attachments details  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Attachments details
Summary:getting attachments details
Author:Namida
Date:2008-06-30 18:11:57
Update:2008-06-30 19:09:47

1. Attachments details   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Namida Namida - 2008-06-30 18:11:57
Hi, is there a way I can get info on attachments through the RetrieveMessage method ?

Meaning, first off, I'd like to know if there are attachments for a given entry (let's say we're using your example file text_pop3.php and we are in that RetrieveMessage at line #60), second, if possible, I'd like to know the name of each and every attachment.

The thing is I don't want to parse each mail through the mime parser class since (at that instance) I don't really care about the contents of the email (I'm only displaying a list) because large files would determine larger process times.

Any help most apreciated ;)

2. Re: Attachments details   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Namida Namida - 2008-06-30 18:13:49 - In reply to message 1 from Namida
I'm thinking that perhaps the mime parser class can be directed to do what I need without loading the whole messages, so I'll dig into it's documentation.

3. Re: Attachments details   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Namida Namida - 2008-06-30 19:09:47 - In reply to message 2 from Namida
So, I've been doing my homework, and it seems the Decode method from mime parser would do (width decode body set to false), the only thing is...I would need the whole file either stored or up in memory...so back where we started.

EDIT:

OK, I did this, I decode through the mime parser class (with no body content decoding) and through the pop3 stream wrapper (so that it won't download the full size), if I recall it right, just like in the "parse_message.php" example file of the pop3 class.

Seems to work fine ;)