Metabase  >  All threads  >  Mysqli  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Mysqli
Summary:Mysqli option for Metabase
Author:Jan Willem Schoonhoven
Date:2014-08-21 15:32:59

1 - 10   11 - 14  

1. Mysqli   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jan Willem Schoonhoven Jan Willem Schoonhoven - 2014-08-21 15:32:59
I was wondering if you are planning to expand metabase with a Mysqli extension. Since mysql is deprecated since a while.

2. Re: Mysqli   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2014-08-22 00:10:01 - In reply to message 1 from Jan Willem Schoonhoven
Yes, I have test version that I need to polish here but I will publish it soon.

It is mostly abouyt changing the mysqli to mysql of the function prefixes in the MySQL driver classes. So if you are in a rush, you may try that yourself.

3. Re: Mysqli   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jan Willem Schoonhoven Jan Willem Schoonhoven - 2014-08-22 09:05:23 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Ok, thanks! That would be great.

I tried already changing mysql to mysqli but it didn't work correctly.
I just wait till you're ready, there's no rush here. :-)

4. Re: Mysqli   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jan Willem Schoonhoven Jan Willem Schoonhoven - 2014-10-30 11:52:41 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
I'm just curious, but I was wondering are you making progress with the mysqli option?

5. Re: Mysqli   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2014-10-30 19:15:02 - In reply to message 4 from Jan Willem Schoonhoven
Sorry for the delay. I did not have the time to take a look to what is needed to make that work correctly because the PHP Classes site is about to launch a new package recommendation system, which should happen in a few days.

I expect to be able to look into that some time next week. Please be patient.

6. Re: Mysqli   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jan Willem Schoonhoven Jan Willem Schoonhoven - 2014-10-31 10:23:16 - In reply to message 5 from Manuel Lemos
Ok, thanks for the update.

No problem, I can wait. :-)

7. Re: Mysqli   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jan Willem Schoonhoven Jan Willem Schoonhoven - 2015-03-25 09:36:06 - In reply to message 5 from Manuel Lemos
Hi Manuel,

Any progress? ;-)

8. Re: Mysqli   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2015-03-25 21:30:02 - In reply to message 7 from Jan Willem Schoonhoven
Sorry, not yet. But thanks for reminding me, I also want to do it for my own purposes. Let me try to do it these days. Please be patient.

9. Re: Mysqli   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jan Willem Schoonhoven Jan Willem Schoonhoven - 2015-03-26 07:37:59 - In reply to message 8 from Manuel Lemos
Ok, thanks!

10. Re: Mysqli   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2015-04-02 05:26:29 - In reply to message 9 from Jan Willem Schoonhoven
OK, I finally made time port the MySQL driver to create the MySQLi driver.

It passes all 16 tests of the unit test suite, but it is always recommended that you test your own applications with the new driver just in case you catch bugs that this unit test suite did not catch.

Just let me know if you find any glitches.

1 - 10   11 - 14