PHP Classes

requirements?

Recommend this page to a friend!

Secure Login  >  All threads  >  requirements?  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:requirements?
Summary:a user need some special requirements
Author:Olaf Lederer
Date:2005-05-16 11:29:02
Update:2005-05-21 14:56:22

1 - 10   11 - 12  

1. requirements?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Olaf Lederer Olaf Lederer - 2005-05-16 11:29:02
Hello,

your class looks good, but why don't you tell the users that this script will only work on servers where php runs as a module of apache?

gr. Olaf

2. Re: requirements?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bao Nguyen Quoc Bao Nguyen Quoc - 2005-05-16 16:37:39 - In reply to message 1 from Olaf Lederer
Well , what's the matter ? :)

I've just tested it with IIS 4.0 and 5.0 .

Plz , tell me the problem you met . So i can improve the class :)

Thanks.

3. Re: requirements?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Olaf Lederer Olaf Lederer - 2005-05-16 17:11:15 - In reply to message 2 from Bao Nguyen Quoc
read my yourself:

... the first row from Chapter 1. HTTP authentication with PHP:

The HTTP Authentication hooks in PHP are only available when it is running as an Apache module and is hence not available in the CGI version.

4. Re: requirements?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bao Nguyen Quoc Bao Nguyen Quoc - 2005-05-20 08:15:06 - In reply to message 3 from Olaf Lederer
Oh yes , sorry , i forgot that :) .

But it can work nicely with form :) .

And , by the way , how can i delete the HTTP authentication username and password ????? ?_?

5. Re: requirements?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Olaf Lederer Olaf Lederer - 2005-05-20 10:03:00 - In reply to message 4 from Bao Nguyen Quoc
That will not work for 100%...

My first Login system was based on the same idea. I suggest to use a session based login system. Try my access_user class ;-)

gr. Olaf

6. Re: requirements?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bao Nguyen Quoc Bao Nguyen Quoc - 2005-05-20 12:42:06 - In reply to message 5 from Olaf Lederer
This won't work 100% ????

Why ?

7. Re: requirements?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Olaf Lederer Olaf Lederer - 2005-05-20 13:41:31 - In reply to message 6 from Bao Nguyen Quoc
Ok, I see you use a less secure method to handle the login where the authentication will not work.

But why I should use this? A login system with sessions work for all server configurations. What is in your example the big advantage?

8. Re: requirements?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bao Nguyen Quoc Bao Nguyen Quoc - 2005-05-21 05:27:49 - In reply to message 7 from Olaf Lederer
Because my class was designed for login using only . Checking username or password will depend on the developers . a developer can use any type of user system , but the class will always ready for using .

I think , it's the advantage of the class : Small , Easy and suitable for any developer . :)

By the way , i've downloaded your class . Yes , It's GREAT . But i think it's a little BIG . A developer want to use your access_user class , will also have to learn about your class a lot beforing using it . I just view the source , i haven't tested it yet . But i think , if a developer want customize your class for special purpose , they will have to change your class to make it suitable for his purpose . :)

(sorry if i made any english grammar mistakes :) )

9. Re: requirements?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Olaf Lederer Olaf Lederer - 2005-05-21 06:52:28 - In reply to message 8 from Bao Nguyen Quoc
hmm maybe you're right about this (i don't know, never asked someone).

regulary i extend the class for almost every project to get extra functions (liken extra checks during register etc.)

This is the power of OOP ;-)

PS. I like authentication too, first if i have to do with a linux server where php runs as a module I will use it toegether with a mysql database check this tutorial (cool stuf but simple)
zend.com/zend/tut/authentication.ph ...

10. Re: requirements?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bao Nguyen Quoc Bao Nguyen Quoc - 2005-05-21 13:03:33 - In reply to message 9 from Olaf Lederer
:)

And i still have a question : how can i logout when i use the HTTP Authentication mode ????

The only way to clear login information is telling the user to close the windows .

Is there an other way ?

1 - 10   11 - 12