PHP Classes

New Version

Recommend this page to a friend!

Sudoku Solver  >  All threads  >  New Version  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:New Version
Summary:New Version implemented
Author:Mike Diplock
Date:2009-02-05 18:44:25
Update:2009-02-11 14:04:57

1. New Version   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mike Diplock Mike Diplock - 2009-02-05 18:44:25
I'm not sure if this project is still active but I have recently developed it further to include 'X-wing' solutions of order 2, 3 (swordfish) and 4 (jellyfish). I've also fixed a problem that occurrs in php 5.2.8 due to changes in the _to_string operation. I'm not sure how to post the code here but I can email it to the author if interested. It still does not solve the 'hard' example but it now solves everything in 'Extreme Sudoku' by Wayne Gould.

2. Re: New Version   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ghica van Emde Boas Ghica van Emde Boas - 2009-02-06 08:51:21 - In reply to message 1 from Mike Diplock
Hi Mike,
This is the true spirit of open source!
Yes, I would like to post your new version!
Please send it to me and I will do that.

I did not look at the package for quite a while, it is a hobby project after all. But I am still planning to do also the last resort: brute force tree walking, so that it can really solve every puzzle. But I still think that its solution strategy should be humanly understandable, therefore brute force is not really interesting.
Cheers, Ghica

3. Re: New Version   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mike Diplock Mike Diplock - 2009-02-09 13:43:33 - In reply to message 2 from Ghica van Emde Boas
Hi Ghica,

Did you get my new code? I sent it to the email address you have on this site.

I have been extending the program further to include XY and Single Chains. The XY Chains now mean the hard puzzle can be solved logically.

Mike

4. Re: New Version   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ghica van Emde Boas Ghica van Emde Boas - 2009-02-09 21:34:15 - In reply to message 3 from Mike Diplock
Yes, I got your code. I will post it, but I first wanted to try it out.
Cheers, Ghica.

5. Re: New Version   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ghica van Emde Boas Ghica van Emde Boas - 2009-02-11 14:04:57 - In reply to message 4 from Ghica van Emde Boas
The new code has been posted. Works great! Thanks for the good work Mike.
I hope this will inspire me to fresh-up the UI a bit.