Login   Register  
PHP Classes
elePHPant
Icontem

Post problems

Recommend this page to a friend!
Stumble It! Stumble It! Bookmark in del.icio.us Bookmark in del.icio.us

PHP HTTP protocol client  >  All threads  >  Post problems  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Post problems
Summary:Posting string of XML does not consistently return result
Author:Christoph
Date:2005-05-09 11:26:28
Update:2005-05-09 13:22:58

1. Post problems   Reply  
Picture of Christoph
Christoph
2005-05-09 11:26:28
Hi, I am using the script to send a querystring and post a string of XML to a php file that processes the post and the returns a result. I am only getting results intermittendly, i.e. sometimes the result is returned, sometimes it just returns blank. Is there an issue when too many requests are made (i.e. refreshing too often) or is there a restriction on the length of the XML string that can be posted? I have tried rawurlencoding the xml string but that did not make a difference. I am using php under IIS for a test bed at the moment - could this be the problem?

Thanks

Chrihstoph

2. Re: Post problems   Reply  
Picture of Manuel Lemos
Manuel Lemos
2005-05-09 13:22:58 - In reply to message 1 from Christoph
This class just emulates a browser. If you had the same problems when trying to post XML to the same server, the problem can't be in the class.

I do not know what exactly you are doing, but if the server returns a blank, it seems to me that it is probably not working very well. Therefore, it would be better if you had a way to figure what happens on the server site to make it return a blank.

If you are not able to determine what happens on the server side, maybe it can help if you determine if there is a pattern in the times that work well and the times that it doesn't.

Are you posting the same XML document? If not, what is different? Length? Content? Are you sure the XML document is always well-formed?