PHP Classes

inline (non-attached) attachments

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP MIME Email Message Parser  >  All threads  >  inline (non-attached) attachments  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:inline (non-attached) attachments
Summary:some files parsing differently
Author:Alan Fullmer
Date:2013-11-12 08:31:34
Update:2013-11-13 07:55:03

1. inline (non-attached) attachments   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alan Fullmer Alan Fullmer - 2013-11-12 08:31:34
I have run into only a few issues recently with the parser, and I am certain it may be that I can't find it documented anywhere.

Most issues notably are from me.com addresses, thinking something how Apple constructs the message?

I've had this issue with .ics calendar attachments as well. Instead of the attachment inside the subarray, it's part of the summary:

Array
(
[Type] => ms-excel
[Description] => Spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel format
[DataFile] => /tmp/14
[FileName] => Workbook1-1.xlsx
[FileDisposition] => attachment
[Subject] => Here's the excel file
[Date] => Sat, 09 Nov 2013 14:40:37 -0500
[From] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[address] => j***s@me.com
[name] => Jon Y***s
)

)

[To] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[address] => bh***@****.com
[name] =>
)

)

Is this designed? Or is there a way to "properly" parse these types of attachments out?

2. Re: inline (non-attached) attachments   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2013-11-13 02:48:49 - In reply to message 1 from Alan Fullmer
I would need to see the original message that returns that structure so I can reproduce that case and see what is going on. Can you upload a sample message somewhere so I can check it?

3. Re: inline (non-attached) attachments   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alan Fullmer Alan Fullmer - 2013-11-13 06:29:25 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
I could send you the message in its entirety. May I send it to you privately? It does have some confidential addresses in it.

4. Re: inline (non-attached) attachments   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2013-11-13 06:47:51 - In reply to message 3 from Alan Fullmer
You can replace the addresses with some fake ones, so you can upload anywhere you want.

5. Re: inline (non-attached) attachments   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alan Fullmer Alan Fullmer - 2013-11-13 07:07:32 - In reply to message 4 from Manuel Lemos
The attachment was what I was more concerned about but it should be fine now.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8374449 ...

6. Re: inline (non-attached) attachments   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2013-11-13 07:37:36 - In reply to message 5 from Alan Fullmer
It looks like the message only has one part, which is an Excel file. There is nothing else in the message, not a text part nor a HTML part. I am not sure what you were expecting other than that.

7. Re: inline (non-attached) attachments   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alan Fullmer Alan Fullmer - 2013-11-13 07:55:03 - In reply to message 6 from Manuel Lemos
Well in a round-about way you answered my question. :)

I suppose I needed to be sure that's what was happening before I spend time writing the condition for it.

Thanks.