PHP Classes

MIME message analyse error

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP MIME Email Message Parser  >  All threads  >  MIME message analyse error  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:MIME message analyse error
Summary:MIME message analyse error (Windows Mail)
Author:Javier Navarrete
Date:2008-05-09 02:46:09
Update:2008-05-21 06:52:36

1. MIME message analyse error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Javier Navarrete Javier Navarrete - 2008-05-09 02:46:09
Hi,

I got the following message when i try to read an HTML message from Windows Mail:

MIME message analyse error: Analyzing messages with parts of type multipart/mixed it is not yet supported.

Thanks in advance.
Javier Navarrete

2. Re: MIME message analyse error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2008-05-09 03:31:25 - In reply to message 1 from Javier Navarrete
The class supports multipart/mixed messages since a long time ago. Are you using the latest version?

3. Re: MIME message analyse error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Javier Navarrete Javier Navarrete - 2008-05-09 05:32:22 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
mime_parser.php,v 1.44 2008/01/22

Also, the parser only extract the first file attached. If it works with that limitation?

Thanks

4. Re: MIME message analyse error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Javier Navarrete Javier Navarrete - 2008-05-09 05:40:42 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Also, only accept text format with attachment. Not HTML with attachment.
With:
@(#) $Id: mime_parser.php,v 1.51 2008/04/15 22:40:16 mlemos Exp $

5. Re: MIME message analyse error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2008-05-09 06:13:59 - In reply to message 4 from Javier Navarrete
There is probably something wrong with your environment.

As you may notice, the sample message that comes with the class has content type set to multipart/mixed and has embedded and attached files.

Does the example script runs OK with the original sample message?

If the original sample message is parsed correctly, can you upload your message somewhere I can fetch it?

Which PHP version are you using? Are you using PHP with any cache or optimizer extensions?

6. Re: MIME message analyse error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Javier Navarrete Javier Navarrete - 2008-05-09 06:27:01 - In reply to message 5 from Manuel Lemos
Im usign PHP 5 and no optimizer extensions.

I'll try with the sample message.

Thanks a lot for your help.

7. Re: MIME message analyse error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dominique Dominique - 2008-05-19 22:16:08 - In reply to message 1 from Javier Navarrete
"MIME message analyse error: Analyzing messages with parts of type multipart/mixed it is not yet supported. "

I am having exactly the same warning (i've download the classes yesterday).

I have not the other bugs (i can retrieve multiple attachments for example).

But i have found another bug, there is a problem with some headers :
i can't retreive From when there is a comma, exemple :

this header is not retrieve.

8. Re: MIME message analyse error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dominique Dominique - 2008-05-19 22:20:16 - In reply to message 7 from Dominique
Forgot to say that i use the following environment :
PHP Version 5.1.6
Apache 2.2.3

9. Re: MIME message analyse error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2008-05-20 00:23:09 - In reply to message 7 from Dominique
I suspect you not are really using the latest version. Maybe you think you are, but you may be using an old copy in a different directory that you are looking at.

Another possibility is that you may be using a buggy PHP version or a PHP optimizer extension that makes the class code run erroneously.

Anyway, I wonder if you can provide a file with the original message complete with headers and body, and upload it somewhere so I can try to reproduce your problem.

10. Re: MIME message analyse error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dominique Dominique - 2008-05-21 06:52:36 - In reply to message 9 from Manuel Lemos
This is not the same message, my mistake !

The message is :
"array message parts are not yet recognized. Please contact the author Manuel Lemos and send a copy of this message to let him add support for this kind of messages"

I have send you 2 eml files for the 2 differents problems.

Thanks a lot