PHP Classes

Yahoo?

Recommend this page to a friend!

Simple OpenID PHP Class  >  All threads  >  Yahoo?  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Yahoo?
Summary:Yahoo returns as not found...
Author:Mathew Parker
Date:2008-08-08 11:48:29
Update:2008-12-22 03:15:49

1. Yahoo?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mathew Parker Mathew Parker - 2008-08-08 11:48:29
Hey,
When using this library, I try to use my yahoo account, but keep getting this error:
"Error: OPENID_NOSERVERSFOUND
Cannot find OpenID Server TAG on Identity page."

The script I'm using etc is here:
gardenfestivalwales.co.uk/new/index ... should you wish to check it. The library is v3 as downloaded with this package.

Any assistance would be a great help.

Thanks in advance
Mathew/NeoPuma

2. Re: Yahoo?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Steve Love Steve Love - 2008-08-11 16:43:59 - In reply to message 1 from Mathew Parker
I'm also seeing this issue.

Steve

3. Re: Yahoo?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Steve Love Steve Love - 2008-08-21 00:52:39 - In reply to message 1 from Mathew Parker
It appears that Yahoo uses the Yadis protocol, which is not handled by the Simple OpenID PHP class. Try adding the Yadis class from the JanRain PHP OpenID library: http://openidenabled.com/php-openid/

Steve

4. Re: Yahoo?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Steve Love Steve Love - 2008-08-25 07:17:17 - In reply to message 1 from Mathew Parker
I've posted a tutorial explaining how to get Simple OpenID PHP Class working with Yahoo.

stevelove.org/2008/08/how-to-yahoo- ...

5. Re: Yahoo?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mathew Parker Mathew Parker - 2008-08-25 10:07:12 - In reply to message 4 from Steve Love
Cheers mate!

6. Re: Yahoo?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ian Barnes Ian Barnes - 2008-11-14 09:02:43 - In reply to message 4 from Steve Love
Thanks for your changes - except i dont get any information back from some providers that I used to get from. myopenid for instance doesnt return any required info - where as I used to get it before the changes - suspect this is because its using openid2 to handle the auth - but i dont understand why it would return anything.

Any ideas ?

7. Re: Yahoo?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Shashank Shashank - 2008-12-21 03:14:38 - In reply to message 6 from Ian Barnes
Did you manage to fix this?

8. Re: Yahoo?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Steve Love Steve Love - 2008-12-22 03:15:49 - In reply to message 6 from Ian Barnes
I'm not sure why it stopped working, but I've got a new version of the class available at my website: http://stevelove.org. I've verified that it works with MyOpenID and returns both SREG and AX details (providing they have been stored in the user profile).