PHP Classes

Quarters

Recommend this page to a friend!

Score Scraper  >  All threads  >  Quarters  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Quarters
Summary:Possible?
Author:Jesse Smith
Date:2006-11-19 10:23:54
Update:2006-11-19 23:57:05

1. Quarters   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jesse Smith Jesse Smith - 2006-11-19 10:23:54
Is it possible to get the score for each quarter? Such as:
$score[homeTeamScore1] - 1st Quarter
$score[homeTeamScore2] - 2nd Quarter
$score[homeTeamScore3] - 3rd Quarter
$score[homeTeamScore4] - 4th Quarter
$score[homeTeamScore] - Total

^ Same with awayTeamScore etc.

Thanks for help,
Jesse

2. Re: Quarters   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jojo Evangelista Jojo Evangelista - 2006-11-19 23:01:29 - In reply to message 1 from Jesse Smith
On the current state of the class, it is not yet possible to get the scores by quarters. But when I do have the time, I'll update it so that it can return the scores by quarters and any stat available for any ongoing or past game (provided that ESPN still has it on their site).

Im just stumped right now. =)

Thanks for the interest.

3. Re: Quarters   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jesse Smith Jesse Smith - 2006-11-19 23:14:33 - In reply to message 2 from Jojo Evangelista
Thank you for replying back.

I'm in no rush, and just go glad that someone has finally created a class for this. I'm using it just for a simple personal site to keep track of my parlay cards, and I have to say, it so nice to have the computer figure everything out =)

I only ask for quarters because some of my picks are for only the first half, and some are for the second.

The only idea I could think of is to run a cron job to keep track of the scores made in each quarter. Not the best way, but it could work =)

Thank you so much for your class =)

-Jesse

4. Re: Quarters   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jojo Evangelista Jojo Evangelista - 2006-11-19 23:57:05 - In reply to message 3 from Jesse Smith
Yup that would do for the meantime.
Also remember to not send too many requests or ESPN might ban you! :)