Login   Register  
PHP Classes
elePHPant
Icontem

Diagnostics

Recommend this page to a friend!
Stumble It! Stumble It! Bookmark in del.icio.us Bookmark in del.icio.us

Form Spam Bot Blocker  >  All threads  >  Diagnostics  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Diagnostics
Summary:Identifying WHICH of the tests failed
Author:rob webster
Date:2007-07-27 08:13:54
Update:2008-05-26 08:03:15

1. Diagnostics   Reply  
Picture of rob webster
rob webster
2007-07-27 08:13:56
I've been using the script successfully for some weeks now, it's great, much more user friendly than CAPTCHA which I understand, the spammers can now circumvent. Thanks. However rather than scrap spam input I send it to a dedicated gmail account reserved for probable spam so I can check for false positives (none so far). It is evident that some potential spammers are "probing" my forms for weaknesses so I'd like to be able to see which of the spam blocker tests are being effective, that way I can keep one step ahead of them and be prepared for the future.

I already had tests for web and email addresses in input fields where they should not be and I clean out any attempts at embedded code so when forwarding the "spam positive" messages to the gmail account I insert codes in the title like [email] and [URL], and at present [FSBB]. It would be useful to be more specific about which of the FSBB traps has triggered.

2. Re: Diagnostics   Reply  
Picture of David K. Lynn
David K. Lynn
2008-05-26 08:03:15 - In reply to message 1 from rob webster
Rob,

I agree that your further processing is a good thing but I think you'd have to modify the fsbb.php code to do that for you. It shouldn't be hard to do as it appears to be very well documented with comments.

For my purposes, though, it's sufficient to "whack" anything that seems like SPAMbot input and, whether I provide success/failure feedback depends upon the purpose of the form.

Regards,

DK