PHP Classes

Add User Fails

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHPBB 3 Integration class  >  All threads  >  Add User Fails  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Add User Fails
Summary:Adduser fails
Author:Seaslug
Date:2008-10-23 11:13:40
Update:2010-03-19 07:13:55

1. Add User Fails   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Seaslug Seaslug - 2008-10-23 11:13:41
I have spent the last week looking for a decent script thats simple to implement into PHPBB and my site this seems to be it

although i'm having hassles getting it to work

Login works fine

my problem is adduser fails everytime

any ideas what it could be ?

2. Re: Add User Fails   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of cybz cybz - 2008-11-08 01:56:41 - In reply to message 1 from Seaslug
I've had the same problem. There is a mistake in the example file, when you set your variables in the example it says:

$phpbb_vars = array("username" => "test", "password" => "123", "email" => "test@test.com", "group_id" => "2");

it should be:

$phpbb_vars = array("username" => "test", "user_password" => "123", "user_email" => "test@test.com", "group_id" => "2");

Hope this helps.

3. Re: Add User Fails   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Seaslug Seaslug - 2008-11-10 10:47:42 - In reply to message 2 from cybz
Thanks that works

also just a reminder to anyone when adding passwords it has to meet PHPbb3 requirements on length etc or it will fail.

4. Re: Add User Fails   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bren Lynne Bren Lynne - 2009-02-04 20:02:39 - In reply to message 3 from Seaslug
There also appears to be a bug on line 99 where it checks the user_rows array before it has been created on line 111. Changing those checks to $phpbb_vars appears to work.

Also, you need to remove !isset($phpbb_vars['user_type'] from this check as it is not set by example_phpbb.php.

This class is a good idea, but it's buggy as hell.

5. Re: Add User Fails   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Felix Manea Felix Manea - 2010-03-19 07:13:55 - In reply to message 4 from Bren Lynne
Hi,

I am not using class, it was created for a project that never finished, so its not very well maintained, so please for all the bugs found contact me and I will add the fix for it. I have studied the forum and added the fixes found here. Thank you all for helping me making this class better.

Thanks,
Felix