PHP Classes

integration mysql

Recommend this page to a friend!

Form Builder  >  All threads  >  integration mysql  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:integration mysql
Summary:integration with an mysql database
Author:Joan Grinde
Date:2009-10-28 11:09:01
Update:2011-04-29 10:41:50

1. integration mysql   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joan Grinde Joan Grinde - 2009-10-28 11:09:01
Hello andrew
I do not know how to integrate the examples with an existing database to insert or update records. We must create a new class with the connection?

2. Re: integration mysql   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Andrew P. Andrew P. - 2009-10-28 16:22:50 - In reply to message 1 from Joan Grinde
Joan,

This class is primarily used for rendering HTML forms through php. Once the form is submitted, it is your responsibility to handle the $_POST data appropriately - whether that be building and sending an email or storing the data in a database. In other words, this class does not have functionality built in to communicate with a MySQL database.

Have you had experience working with a MySQL database through PHP?

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding your question. I would like to help, or at least point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
Andrew

3. Re: integration mysql   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joan Grinde Joan Grinde - 2009-10-28 16:37:49 - In reply to message 2 from Andrew P.
Andrew,
thanks for your prompt response.
The truth is that my experience with PHP is fairly limited because only use with the Dreamweaver

4. Re: integration mysql   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Andrew P. Andrew P. - 2009-10-28 17:17:37 - In reply to message 3 from Joan Grinde
Joan,

The first step would be to ensure that you have a MySQL database with a username and password that you can connect to and communicate with via PHP. After that, you can jump in and use php's built in functions for communicating with a MySQL database.

There are many tutorials/examples out there that will walk you through the various step needed. One such example can be found at http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/php_mysql_intro.asp.

Another route you may choose to take is to use a database wrapper class posted here on phpclasses.com - there are dozens of these. I wish I could recommend one specifically to you; however, I have not used any posted here. I use a utility our company has built in house for database communication.

Good Luck!
- Andrew

5. Re: integration mysql   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of sudipp sudipp - 2011-04-29 10:41:50 - In reply to message 1 from Joan Grinde
You can check the following MySql reference :
w3resource.com/mysql/mysql-tutorial ...