PHP Classes

works a treat,thanks

Recommend this page to a friend!

IMDB  >  All threads  >  works a treat,thanks  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:works a treat,thanks
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:kurse
Date:2010-03-01 00:13:10
Update:2010-10-29 12:15:35

kurse rated this package as follows:

Utility: Good
Consistency: Good
Examples: Sufficient

1. works a treat,thanks   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of kurse kurse - 2010-03-01 00:13:10
works a treat,thanks

2. Re: works a treat,thanks   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Nitesh Apte Nitesh Apte - 2010-03-01 04:45:04 - In reply to message 1 from kurse
Thanks for your review and rating.
Soon, I will upload same kind of package for watching trailer of movie from YouTube.

Nitesh Apte

3. Re: works a treat,thanks   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of kurse kurse - 2010-03-06 00:34:28 - In reply to message 2 from Nitesh Apte
The trailer function sounds great. Would it be possible to return the idmb final movie page link ie:

imdb.com/title/tt0814255/

??

4. Re: works a treat,thanks   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Nitesh Apte Nitesh Apte - 2010-03-06 05:03:12 - In reply to message 3 from kurse
That's easy:

if(@preg_match('~<p style="margin:0 0 0.5em 0;"><b>Media from&nbsp;.*?href="/title\/(.*?)".*?</p>~s', $this->page, $this->matches))
{
echo http://www.imdb.com/title/'.$this->matches[1].';
}
else if(@preg_match('~<td valign="top">.*?href="/title\/(.*?)".*?</td>~s', $this->page, $this->matches))
{
echo http://www.imdb.com/title/'.$this->matches[1].';
}

5. Re: works a treat,thanks   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Sameer Bagga Sameer Bagga - 2010-10-28 12:45:53 - In reply to message 4 from Nitesh Apte
This too works great,but I have a request if you can help me.
I want to make a movie search engine , where user can search any movie they want.
after search I display all the relevant results and if user selects one of them I display the movie detailed information on my own website not redirect to IMDB page, basically use other movie website data.
Display all the data incl title,image,cast,director etc
I have explored few options but IMDB doesn't have API I have not got too much success.
Please help on this one too

6. Re: works a treat,thanks   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Nitesh Apte Nitesh Apte - 2010-10-28 12:54:28 - In reply to message 5 from Sameer Bagga
Do you have any idea how can you make a torrent search engine like http://www.torrentz.com. If yes, then your problem is solved.

If possible please rate the package.

Thanks

7. Re: works a treat,thanks   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Nitesh Apte Nitesh Apte - 2010-10-28 13:05:40 - In reply to message 5 from Sameer Bagga
I believe IMDB does provide it's API. Can you check that again and let me know.

8. Re: works a treat,thanks   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Sameer Bagga Sameer Bagga - 2010-10-29 12:15:35 - In reply to message 7 from Nitesh Apte
No the IMDB doesn't provide an API.
I have no idea on how to make a search engine like the one you mentioned.
I know php but no XML.