PHP Classes

What is the point of this

Recommend this page to a friend!

Digital Human  >  All threads  >  What is the point of this  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:What is the point of this
Summary:please provide a real world application for this code
Author:Mr Dog Bot
Date:2011-04-04 13:22:29
Update:2011-06-03 21:59:13

1. What is the point of this   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mr Dog Bot Mr Dog Bot - 2011-04-04 13:22:30
What is this? is it just an academic/intellectual exercise in how the body can be defined in OOP?

2. Re: What is the point of this   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jacek Lukasiewicz Jacek Lukasiewicz - 2011-04-04 18:56:28 - In reply to message 1 from Mr Dog Bot
I added a file with an example using (index.php)
Furthermore, the result of his actions is available on screenshot

3. Re: What is the point of this   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Santi Santi - 2011-06-02 07:23:26 - In reply to message 2 from Jacek Lukasiewicz
I didn't understand it at first sight. I think it's worthy to take a deep look into it, especially if one doesn't really understand the pattern, wich is my case :-).

By the way, excuse my English grammar.

4. Re: What is the point of this   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mr Dog Bot Mr Dog Bot - 2011-06-03 14:37:07 - In reply to message 2 from Jacek Lukasiewicz
Rotate head 1? is that one 360 rotation? that does not make sense..rotate X degrees maybe.

Smell volume? smell can be measured in volume?.

Emit light? that is just...well...unnatural...("emit" smell, however might make more sense ;-)

But even then...I still do not get the point of this... Is it to control a robot? (there are far better languages to do that). is it to keep track of a character's movements in a game?

What is a practical application of this?

5. Re: What is the point of this   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jacek Lukasiewicz Jacek Lukasiewicz - 2011-06-03 21:14:50 - In reply to message 4 from Mr Dog Bot
Is it necessary to have each class has a practical use? "Digital Human" was created as a set of components that can be freely modified and extended (including the naming of the environment, body and reflexes of the body).

I personally see it as a base for further development of the program. For example, currently working on a module entitled "Recognize shapes from image"

Ultimately, the project can become a tool for research and development to better understand and simulate activity of the human body.

If anyone is looking for a ready solution be rapidly implemented method for copy-paste - is this project for this purpose are not suitable

6. Re: What is the point of this   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mr Dog Bot Mr Dog Bot - 2011-06-03 21:59:13 - In reply to message 5 from Jacek Lukasiewicz
no it is not necessary to have a practical purpose. That was my original question. You state "ultimately..a tool for research and development to better understand and simulate activity of the human body"

Fine..that is the purpose...

I think it is interesting that one could define the body in such a way.

I would suggest that you separate areas of interaction:
for example, movement (each part has ranges of motion), spatial (current position in relation to other parts i.e. a finger could be next to the nose or next to the hip), transport( a finger moves in space if it's parent arm moves) sensing (how it is affected by the properties of other objects depending on proximity i.e. how close the finger is to a hot stove determines if it is hot or burning), physics (the effect of weight, motion, inertia), Then you can get to more sophisticated things like emotions)

thank you, best of luck.

Dogbot

A comment: this is not important, but i seems to me that building a human prototype to build a "sensing objects" application is like building a house so you can make a door knob. Just a comment..