PHP Classes

Sons of sons of sons, etc...

Recommend this page to a friend!

Genealogy Classes  >  All threads  >  Sons of sons of sons, etc...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Sons of sons of sons, etc...
Summary:how depth could it go?
Author:Elton Morais
Date:2011-08-02 15:08:01
Update:2011-08-03 14:01:53

1. Sons of sons of sons, etc...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Elton Morais Elton Morais - 2011-08-02 15:08:01
Well, the "summary" asks all... Just want to know how depth could it go in a tree family.

2. Re: Sons of sons of sons, etc...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pierre FAUQUE Pierre FAUQUE - 2011-08-02 18:21:16 - In reply to message 1 from Elton Morais
Hello,

I'm not sure to have well understood your question. My english isn't fluent :o(
But (if it's your question) there is no limit : you can insert into your database so many generations as you want.

You can insert the son of the son of the son of the....

For each person, you have just to insert the ID of her father and her mother (gen_People).
For each person, you have just to insert her ID and the ID of her spouse (gen_Marry)

This package isn't a complete application but only classes and example files. You have to write your own scripts to insert into your database as you want.
I'm currently translating all my scripts into english before leaving them on my website for download.

Does my answer help you ?

Best regards,
Pierre

3. Re: Sons of sons of sons, etc...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pierre FAUQUE Pierre FAUQUE - 2011-08-02 18:24:19 - In reply to message 2 from Pierre FAUQUE
... my reply, not my answer :o)

4. Re: Sons of sons of sons, etc...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Elton Morais Elton Morais - 2011-08-02 18:37:57 - In reply to message 3 from Pierre FAUQUE
Yes, it's exactly what I wanted to know. And I think that my english isn't better than Yours, hehe.

Actually, I thinked about use Your classes on a complete different context: MLM companys (Multi Level Marketing). I think that it could be a good start point. Did You ever thinked about that?

5. Re: Sons of sons of sons, etc...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pierre FAUQUE Pierre FAUQUE - 2011-08-02 21:01:12 - In reply to message 4 from Elton Morais
No :o) As for me, I only thinked to store the relation's members of my family.

But if you can use these classes for another usage and if they are suitable for you, That's fine ! It's good thing for you. If you want, let me know an example of the way you are using them.

Just for me, from where do you are ?

Best regards.
Pierre.

6. Re: Sons of sons of sons, etc...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Elton Morais Elton Morais - 2011-08-03 00:40:19 - In reply to message 5 from Pierre FAUQUE
I'm on Brazil... My city is Belo Horizonte.

The way I think on use it is very simple... the differences will be that I will use only one parent per person (inform only the father, for example). And I need to count the number of descendants of a specific father until his 4th generation (or 5th, or 6th, it could be variable).

I think on make possible to count and "classifie" on different types of persons (number of female descendents, or male). On my context I could use it for different pay plans of my clientes.

7. Re: Sons of sons of sons, etc...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pierre FAUQUE Pierre FAUQUE - 2011-08-03 09:56:40 - In reply to message 6 from Elton Morais
Oi, Brasil !

OK. I'm glad for you :o) I've written a little script to list (and eventually count) all the father ancestry or mother ancestry for one person.

In my database, when I select my daughter all the known father-ancestry are listed with 8 generations. Knowing earlier ancestors is difficult : many documents have been burnt, but I continue :o). But technically it's possible...

I've just add a picture in the package : the MCD of the database (MCD is a french acronym which means Conceptual Model of Data, a map or a diagram based on entity-relation model)

Have a nice day...
Pierre.

8. Re: Sons of sons of sons, etc...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Elton Morais Elton Morais - 2011-08-03 13:36:55 - In reply to message 7 from Pierre FAUQUE
Excelent!!

I will update You with what I make... And share with You when it's done.

Many Thanks

9. Re: Sons of sons of sons, etc...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pierre FAUQUE Pierre FAUQUE - 2011-08-03 14:01:54 - In reply to message 8 from Elton Morais
OK. Thanks.
I'm about to leave tomorrow Paris for three weeks holidays.
As for you, have nice holidays, too... :o)

Pierre