PHP Classes

What are your thoughts about using this class when you consid...

Recommend this page to a friend!

Simple External SMTP  >  All threads  >  What are your thoughts about using...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:What are your thoughts about using...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Richard Keizer
Date:2011-11-09 08:52:50
Update:2011-11-10 10:28:12

Richard Keizer rated this package as follows:

Utility: Good
Consistency: Good
Documentation: Sufficient
Examples: Good

1. What are your thoughts about using...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Richard Keizer Richard Keizer - 2011-11-09 08:52:51
What are your thoughts about using this class when you consider the 'greylisting' topic? http://jl.ly/Email/grey11.html

2. Re: What are your thoughts about using...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Sceptre Sceptre - 2011-11-09 14:44:43 - In reply to message 1 from Richard Keizer
Hi Richard,

the class is not affected by graylisting or SPF because it will not deliver the e-mails to the recipient server directly. Instead it will rely on your e-mail server to deliver the e-mail.

3. Re: What are your thoughts about using...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Richard Keizer Richard Keizer - 2011-11-09 14:59:23 - In reply to message 2 from Sceptre
I've seen that your example works using a local smtp host.
But what will happen when using an external host?

4. Re: What are your thoughts about using...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Richard Keizer Richard Keizer - 2011-11-10 08:39:24 - In reply to message 2 from Sceptre
Hi Sceptre,

forget the last comment, I had direct delivery in mind, which is not what this is about.
I'll update the rating asap.

Thanks!

5. Re: What are your thoughts about using...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Sceptre Sceptre - 2011-11-10 10:28:12 - In reply to message 4 from Richard Keizer
correct. The class will deliver to an smtp server of your choice. The idea behind it is the "classic" business use where you want to send e-mails for your company and want all communication to pass through your corporate SMTP server.

This "external SMTP server" can be on localhost as well.