I'm having trouble getting all of the data I'm requesting from LinkedIn calls.
My application does have r_emailaddress and r_fullprofile enabled and I've added those to the scope field in login_with_linkedin.php. I authorize my app and it successfully authenticates me, but the output of print_r($user, 1) on line 72 of the demonstration app does not return the complete profile. I get my first name, title, last name, and siteStandardProfileRequest which just contains a URL to my profile.
I am new to OAuth in general, so it might be something obvious that I am missing...
Any assistance would be appreciated!
|2013-08-22 20:51:19 - In reply to message 1 from Reverend Deuce|
|As far as I know the email address must be retrieved with a different API call. Call this URL separately:|
|2013-08-23 16:19:12 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos|
|You are correct, sir! I am just learning how to use this for the first time and it wasn't immediately clear what was going on (I was lacking contextual awareness of what/how OAuth works procedurally).|
Your work is fantastic for those who know how OAuth works, but lacking any foundational understanding has proven tricky.
In the login_with_linkedin.php, I added the :(location,id,email-address) fields to CallAPI() and have the expected results returned. Whew!
Thanks for the reply!