PHP Classes

Why a Capital F class functions?

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP OAuth Library  >  All threads  >  Why a Capital F class functions?  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Why a Capital F class functions?
Summary:Question about using capital F function keyword
Author:Ariel Barreiro
Date:2012-11-29 14:20:42
Update:2012-11-29 23:08:38

1. Why a Capital F class functions?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ariel Barreiro Ariel Barreiro - 2012-11-29 14:20:43
I was starting to use sublime text as an editor with ctags plugin and I noticed the functions of your class were not recognized as functions and neither by the ctags function.

I understand this is completely off-topic to the function of the class, but why the capital F in "F"unction definitions? I was hoping to have a setting to allow both the editor and ctags to allow this keyword but they are not nicely working so far, was it a personal preference or a reason out of it.

This is just out of curiosity, thanks.

2. Re: Why a Capital F class functions?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2012-11-29 16:23:56 - In reply to message 1 from Ariel Barreiro
This is my programming style since I ever started programming with PHP in 1997, even before PHP had classes.

Anyway, it is just a convention that makes the code more readable to me.

In PHP function names are case insensitive, so it should not matter, except probably for ctags I guess.

3. Re: Why a Capital F class functions?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ariel Barreiro Ariel Barreiro - 2012-11-29 23:08:38 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Aha, sublime text doesn't like "Function" either although I would probably think that beast should be configurable for that.

Thanks! have another more implementation related question to you on another thread.