PHP Classes

Finally, a Microsoft Live authentication working :) Hybridaut...

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP OAuth Library  >  All threads  >  Finally, a Microsoft Live...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Finally, a Microsoft Live...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:chris lachance
Date:2016-04-03 03:10:30

chris lachance rated this package as follows:

Utility: Good
Consistency: Good
Documentation: Good
Examples: Good

1. Finally, a Microsoft Live...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of chris lachance chris lachance - 2016-04-03 03:10:30
Finally, a Microsoft Live authentication working :) Hybridauth failed...

thanks a lot

2. Re: Finally, a Microsoft Live...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2016-04-03 03:27:06 - In reply to message 1 from chris lachance
Interesting. This package is a bit agnostic regarding OAuth providers so it does not contain anything specific to Microsoft Live. What was the matter with HybridAuth?

3. Re: Finally, a Microsoft Live...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of chris lachance chris lachance - 2016-04-03 03:54:37 - In reply to message 1 from chris lachance
it's not working at all... I had it working before... their endpoint is out dated, always returning 1033 errors when using https://login.live.com/oauth20_authorize.srf and if you use login.live.com/oauth20_desktop.srf, it's not redirecting, leaving the user on a blank page on Microsoft's side...
github.com/hybridauth/hybridauth/is ...

Microsoft error:
login.live.com/err.srf?lc=1033#erro ... provided value for the input parameter 'redirect_uri' is not valid. The expected value is 'https://login.live.com/oauth20_desktop.srf' or a URL which matches the redirect URI registered for this client application.

Your classe here is doing exactly what I need to :) Signing in

thanks

4. Re: Finally, a Microsoft Live...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2016-04-03 04:27:40 - In reply to message 3 from chris lachance
Oh, I see, they have the endpoint wrong. That package may not have been updated for a long time because this one had the right endpoint set for Microsoft since April 2012.

5. Re: Finally, a Microsoft Live...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of chris lachance chris lachance - 2016-04-03 04:44:36 - In reply to message 4 from Manuel Lemos
I thought this was nice hybridauth were providing like 5 different providers to signin... seeing that your oauth classe is having at least 50 different providers... I'm going to have a bad time registering all the keys and secrets :)

thanks again for posting your classes here

6. Re: Finally, a Microsoft Live...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2016-04-03 19:53:16 - In reply to message 5 from chris lachance
Well, you could but most of them are not worthy for social login. In the PHP Classes only six are used: Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, StackOverflow and GitHub. The last two are just because this site is for developers.

Yahoo requires OpenID to retrieve the user email, as Yahoo OAuth does not provide it. So it users another class that I have not published yet.

Some sites also use Twitter but it does not provide the user email by any means.