Login   Register  
PHP Classes
elePHPant
Icontem

Login with Facebook can't get email

Recommend this page to a friend!
Stumble It! Stumble It! Bookmark in del.icio.us Bookmark in del.icio.us

PHP OAuth API  >  All threads  >  Login with Facebook can't get email  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Login with Facebook can't get email
Summary:I can't get email
Author:Pedro
Date:2013-02-15 18:12:46
Update:2013-02-17 09:53:58

1. Login with Facebook can't get email   Reply  
Picture of Pedro
Pedro
2013-02-15 18:12:46
First, thank you very much for your work, Manuel.

I can connect with Facebook perfectly, but I can't get the email. Should I setting something in application's page of Facebook? Thanks in advance.

Pedro.

2. Re: Login with Facebook can't get email   Reply  
Picture of Pedro
Pedro
2013-02-15 19:10:57 - In reply to message 1 from Pedro
I think I'm not getting permission for get the email, but why?

3. Re: Login with Facebook can't get email   Reply  
Picture of Pedro
Pedro
2013-02-15 20:52:38 - In reply to message 2 from Pedro
Well, I already know what is the problem. If I logging with my Facebook account, I don't receive the email, but if another user logs, I get the email.

It due to setting of the application in Facebook, I don't know. Any idea about it?

Thanks again.

Pedro.

4. Re: Login with Facebook can't get email   Reply  
Picture of Manuel Lemos
Manuel Lemos
2013-02-16 00:33:08 - In reply to message 1 from Pedro
What email are you talking about? Is it some specific call to the Facebook API?

Keep in mind that if you request permission to access certain APIs using specific scope values, if you need to access more APIs that require other scope permissions, you need to restart the authorization process.

In that case you need to call the ResetAccessToken, so the class "forgets" the old token.

5. Re: Login with Facebook can't get email   Reply  
Picture of Pedro
Pedro
2013-02-17 08:56:21 - In reply to message 4 from Manuel Lemos
Hello Manuel,

I talk about the email from the user of Facebook. In the "scope" I request permission for email, but for me, if I log, it gives me all values except the email. But if another user of Facebook logs, it returns the email.

My concern is if this is happening because I'm the owner of the application of Facebook -it wouldn't be serious, or if it is happening by other reason.

Pedro.

6. Re: Login with Facebook can't get email   Reply  
Picture of Manuel Lemos
Manuel Lemos
2013-02-17 09:53:58 - In reply to message 5 from Pedro
That may be what I said. If when you asked for the token for the user you did not specify the email scope, it will never allow to get the e-mail address. In that case you need to force obtaining a new token with the email scope again. Use the ResetAccessToken to make the class "forget" the old token.