Login   Register  
PHP Classes
elePHPant
Icontem

Using Lightning IMAP

Recommend this page to a friend!
Stumble It! Stumble It! Bookmark in del.icio.us Bookmark in del.icio.us

Lightning IMAP  >  All threads  >  Using Lightning IMAP  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Using Lightning IMAP
Summary:Retrieving E-mails
Author:Darren Conyard
Date:2013-01-03 17:16:57
Update:2013-01-04 19:03:54

1. Using Lightning IMAP   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Darren Conyard
Darren Conyard
2013-01-03 17:16:57
Hi t withers,

I do not know much about IMAP or POP but I wanted to check to see if could use this class to retrieve some E-mails. I have a server with 123-reg, and I wanted to aceess my E-mails with the E-mail address taht is linked to that server.

I am using the example file with changed information to suit my host, username, password, port and ssl.

123-reg uses webmail as its mail client and I had a look to see if webmail uses IMAP to access the mail server and it does, but the script fails to open the the mailbox.

If you could offer any help with this, it would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Darren Conyard

2. Re: Using Lightning IMAP   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of t withers
t withers
2013-01-04 19:03:54 - In reply to message 1 from Darren Conyard
Hi Darren,
It should be able to connect if your webmail supports IMAP. One thing I would try first to make sure the connection details are solid is to set it up in Outlook or Thunderbird and make sure you can connect. If you can't connect with Outlook or Thunderbird, then there might be other issues. If you can connect with one of those, share a edited snippet of your code along with the output you see and I can help you figure out.
Tim