PHP Classes

Limit and length of words

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Text to Speech Class  >  All threads  >  Limit and length of words  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Limit and length of words
Summary:Is there limit on words
Author:Terry Woody
Date:2013-06-20 13:20:30
Update:2013-06-22 21:49:06

1. Limit and length of words   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Terry Woody Terry Woody - 2013-06-20 13:20:30
Thank you, great class!

What is the limit of words one can enter and will be spoken?

Most I can get is:

"If you hear this sound it means that you are using PHP text to speech class. The best part about this"

Cuts off after "this" and no more words spoken. Tested using:

"If you hear this sound it means that you are using PHP text to speech class. The best part about this class is the voice quality is not so bad. Thank you for visiting."

Is there a limit?

2. Re: Limit and length of words   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Terry Woody Terry Woody - 2013-06-20 13:33:54 - In reply to message 1 from Terry Woody
Forgot to add: See the 100 max but cannot change it?

3. Re: Limit and length of words   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Radovan Janjic Radovan Janjic - 2013-06-21 21:45:52 - In reply to message 2 from Terry Woody
Hi,

limit is 100 characters and unfortunately there is nothing we can do to change it.

You can fix this issue if split text into sentences and load them one after another using javascript or marge them with php and than load it.

PHP solution for a similar problem: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14393203/merge-mp3-files-into-one-and-then-save-in-a-folder-using-php

I will probably do some changes later on when I have some free time to add such functionalities to this class.

All the best.

4. Re: Limit and length of words   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Terry Woody Terry Woody - 2013-06-21 21:47:41 - In reply to message 3 from Radovan Janjic
Thank you Radovan!

Great job by the way.

5. Re: Limit and length of words   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Radovan Janjic Radovan Janjic - 2013-06-22 21:35:06 - In reply to message 4 from Terry Woody
Hi Terry,

I've just updated script so it supports more than 100 chars ;)

You can download it as soon as approved by PHP-Classes.

All the best.

6. Re: Limit and length of words   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Terry Woody Terry Woody - 2013-06-22 21:49:06 - In reply to message 5 from Radovan Janjic
Thanks much!

Will be on the look for it.