PHP Classes

send to a queue on another server

Recommend this page to a friend!

MIME E-mail message sending  >  All threads  >  send to a queue on another server  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:send to a queue on another server
Summary:another server
Author:Pawel Nowosielski
Date:2015-02-13 15:23:19

1. send to a queue on another server   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pawel Nowosielski Pawel Nowosielski - 2015-02-13 15:23:19
Hi,
Thank you for a great class.

I have two qmail servers.
How push emails to qmail queue on the second server?

Pawel

2. Re: send to a queue on another server   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2015-02-13 17:56:23 - In reply to message 1 from Pawel Nowosielski
What do you mean by second server? Do you have qmail installed more than once on different directories of the same machine or it is on a different machine?

3. Re: send to a queue on another server   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pawel Nowosielski Pawel Nowosielski - 2015-02-14 16:47:10 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
I mean the second physical server.
I have in my local network two servers, both running qmail, but each have different email accounts.
I wrote an application that sends e-mails. I would like to be able to send e-mails, once from the first server, and once from the second server.

4. Re: send to a queue on another server   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2015-02-14 17:06:57 - In reply to message 3 from Pawel Nowosielski
If you need to send messages to a separate machine, you can use SMTP to relay messages to that server. You just need to configure that other server to accept messages for relay.

5. Re: send to a queue on another server   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pawel Nowosielski Pawel Nowosielski - 2015-02-14 21:10:11 - In reply to message 4 from Manuel Lemos
Ok., I understand, but it is only one way?
Is it possible in $qmail_path give access to the second server?

6. Re: send to a queue on another server   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2015-02-14 23:32:04 - In reply to message 5 from Pawel Nowosielski
No because that is the path of the qmail executable files that will inject the messages in the queue.

Since your other server is on another machine, you can inject messages in the other server queue using SMTP, as long as the other server as qmail SMTP server running.

7. Re: send to a queue on another server   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pawel Nowosielski Pawel Nowosielski - 2015-02-15 11:18:22 - In reply to message 6 from Manuel Lemos
Ok.
Thank you very much for your support.

8. Re: send to a queue on another server   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2015-02-15 17:32:02 - In reply to message 7 from Pawel Nowosielski
You're welcome.

You can still use the package for mailing via SMTP using the smtp_message_class class included in the package.

Take a look at this article for more details about SMTP specific optimizations the package provides.

phpclasses.org/blog/package/9/post/ ...