PHP Classes

allow_call_time_pass_reference

Recommend this page to a friend!

MIME E-mail message sending  >  All threads  >  allow_call_time_pass_reference  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:allow_call_time_pass_reference
Summary:PHP Warning
Author:Jônatas Walker
Date:2006-12-11 16:21:35
Update:2012-09-21 20:12:06

1. allow_call_time_pass_reference   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jônatas Walker Jônatas Walker - 2006-12-11 16:21:35
Hi there M Lemos,

Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value;

I have this warning cause on my shared server, allow_call_time_pass_reference is Off.

I've tried ini_set("allow_call_time_pass_reference", "On") but nothing changed.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot.

2. Re: allow_call_time_pass_reference   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2006-12-11 17:45:02 - In reply to message 1 from Jônatas Walker
The classes do not pass arguments by reference.

If you are passing arguments by reference to the class functions, you do not need to do that. Just remove the & character from the function call arguments .

3. Re: allow_call_time_pass_reference   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jônatas Walker Jônatas Walker - 2006-12-11 19:00:25 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Please, take a look

Function SendMail($to,$subject,&$body,&$headers,$return_path)
{
if(!function_exists("mail"))
return($this->OutputError("the mail() function is not available in this PHP installation"));
if(strlen($return_path))
{
if(!defined("PHP_OS"))
return($this->OutputError("it is not possible to set the Return-Path header with your PHP version"));
if(!strcmp(substr(PHP_OS,0,3),"WIN"))
return($this->OutputError("it is not possible to set the Return-Path header directly from a PHP script on Windows"));
if($this->GetPHPVersion()<4000005)
return($this->OutputError("it is not possible to set the Return-Path header in PHP version older than 4.0.5"));
if(function_exists("ini_get")
&& ini_get("safe_mode"))
return($this->OutputError("it is not possible to set the Return-Path header due to PHP safe mode restrictions"));
$success=@mail($to,$subject,$body,$headers,"-f".$return_path);
}
else
$success=@mail($to,$subject,$body,$headers);
return($success ? "" : $this->OutputPHPError("it was not possible to send e-mail message", &$php_errormsg));
}

4. Re: allow_call_time_pass_reference   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jônatas Walker Jônatas Walker - 2006-12-11 19:12:24 - In reply to message 3 from Jônatas Walker
I've got about 15 warnings using SMTP.

5. Re: allow_call_time_pass_reference   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2006-12-11 19:51:31 - In reply to message 3 from Jônatas Walker
You are using a very old version of the class. Please download the most recent version.

6. Re: allow_call_time_pass_reference   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jônatas Walker Jônatas Walker - 2006-12-12 11:51:47 - In reply to message 5 from Manuel Lemos
Strange, it was the same date, whatever, now it works.

Many thanks. I appreciate your help.

7. Re: allow_call_time_pass_reference   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Davronbek Davronbek - 2009-07-10 19:43:03 - In reply to message 1 from Jônatas Walker
Hi,

Try with adding the following setting in .htaccess:

php_value allow_call_time_pass_reference 1

8. Re: allow_call_time_pass_reference   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of fernando fernando - 2012-09-21 20:12:06 - In reply to message 1 from Jônatas Walker
òàòàklòàkàò