|All available jobs||>||Jobs in United States||>||Software Engineer - Mobile Team||>||Apply to this job|
|Summary:||Wikimedia’s Mobile Web team needs you to optimize and evolve the infrastructure that powers all of our mobile projects.|
|City:||San Francisco, CA|
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
As we enter a world where a mobile majority becomes the norm we need someone who is fearless about taking our development and engineering practices and scaling them for the rest of the organization and code base.
You’ll join a mature agile team and enable the whole organization and movement to become mobile proficient at building the largest collection of free and open knowledge that has ever existed.
What you'll do
- Help scale an infrastructure that currently targets 4 billion page views and is steadily rising
- Work on meaningful products that make a difference to humanity
Skills & Requirements
- You should know the web stack in and out (HTTP, HTML, JS, CSS, etc)
- Have multiple years of experience building large scale web infrastructures
- Understand how performance is an important part of any Web site
- Have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- You get extra points for
- Gaining consensus on an open source project
- Standardizing development practices across large organizations
- Loving to experiment against the status quo. Show us your stuff! Please provide us with information you feel would be useful to us in gaining a better understanding of your technical background and accomplishments. Links to GitHub, your technical blogs, publications, personal projects, etc. are exceptionally useful. We especially appreciate pointers to your best contributions to open source projects.
About Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is a non-profit organization based in San Francisco, California that operates Wikipedia and its sister projects in 285 languages.
Together they receive nearly 500 million unique visitors per month making it the 5th most popular Web property.
Wikimedia’s globally-distributed staff of 150 interact with a community of more than 100,000 people worldwide and remains committed to creating a world in which every single human being can freely and easily share in the sum of all knowledge.