Package of classes that provide DBMS independent access and management of databases.
Currently it features:
o BSD style license.
o Dual API call forms:
* Direct driver class object calls
* Global function calls
o Set of functions that call the selected DBMS driver objects functions supporting when possible:
* Database connection setup with support for connection strings
* Operation error handling
* Query constant data conversion
* Direct queries
* Prepared queries
* Query result rows random access
* Retrieve a limit range of rows of a SELECT query.
* Nested transactions
* Large object fields (BLOBs - storing files in the database)
* Database object creation (tables, indexes, sequences)
* DBMS driver supported feature query
o DBMS Drivers classes that support the most important databases being used on the Web.
o Driver conformance test suite to verify if the driver classes are working and features are properly implemented.
o A parser class that is able to interpret DBMS independent database schemas file defined in a custom XML format supporting the following types of objects:
* Tables with fields of the types: text, integer, boolean, date, time, timestamp, decimal, float, character large objects (CLOBs) and binary large objects (BLOBs), auto-increment.
* Primary keys
* Auto incremented sequences
o A manager class that is able to:
* Install a new database from a schema description interpreted by the parser class.
* Ability to compare a previously installed schema with a new schema and only install the changes without affecting data stored after the previous installation or update.
* Dump database structure and contents in the same XML format handled by the parser allowing for moving data between databases of different DBMS vendors.
* Reverse engineer schemas of already installed databases
o Driver classes for multiple databases:
* MySQL using the traditional MySQL extension or MySQLi
* Oracle using oci extension
* Microsoft SQL server using the mssql extension
* Generic ODBC base driver
* MS Access using ODBC
MSAccess data to MySQL
Fetch MSAccess data and store into MySQL
Portable database access
Database access compatible with MySQL and SQLite
What is the best PHP database schema abstraction class?
Applications Database Schema
Connect to MS Access database with ODBC
ODBC Connection to MS Access
Connect to informix database
Need to connect and retrieve data from informix database
PHP and Progress Openedge ODBC
I need to interrogate an Openedge database using PHP
Good and simple MySQL wrapper
What MySQL wrapper should I go with?