Allows the creation of tar, gzip, bzip2, and zip archives, and the extraction of tar, gzip, and bzip2. Supports relative paths/no paths, comments, and recursing through subdirectories. Can write file to disk, allow user to download directly, or return file contents in a string or an array. Does not require any external programs to run. PHP must be compiled with '--with-zlib' for gzip and zip and '--with-bzip2' for bzip2. Supports creation of self-extracting zip archives. See readme for full details.
A PHP Implementation of the TAR (Tape-Archive) Format most commonly used on UNIX Operating systems. This class works on both Windows and UNIX for reading and writing TAR files. It even supports Gzipped TAR files if you have the ZLIB PHP module installed on your server!
- This class uses no external programs!!
- Supports Gzipped TAR files
- Can read and write TAR files in regular or gzipped modes
- Can append multiple TAR files into one
- Generates Fully compatible TAR files – tested to extract in both GNU TAR under linux and WinZip under windows
- Add Files to TAR file
- Remove Files from TAR file
- Save TAR file to currently open tar file or a new tar file
This package can be used to manage archives in the tar, gzip, bzip2 and zip formats.
There is a factory class that can perform several types of actions on packed archive files: create a new archive, retrieve information about the contents of an archive, and extract the files and directories contained in an archive.
The factory class creates objects and calls the function of different classes depending on the file name extension of the archive being manipulated.
This package does not require any external programs to run, but it needs PHP with support to zlib and bzip2 extensions.