Author: Manuel Lemos
Updated on: 2021-01-12
Posted on: 2021-01-12
Package: PHP Benchmarks
This package implements a solution to test the speed of execution of different types of functions that can be used for the same purpose.
This way, you can decide which set functions you should use to make your PHP applications faster.
About the PHP Benchmarks Package
The basic purpose is: Evaluate the speed of PHP running different tasks
Here follows in more detail what it does:
This package can evaluate the speed of PHP running different tasks.
It provides several classes that are called by different scripts that evaluate the speed of execution of the current PHP version running different types of tasks using different approaches.
Current it provides benchmark scripts to test:
- Passing arrays to functions using references or not
- Convert data types into strings using serialize or json_encode
- Define application values define, constants or environment variables
- Traversing array values using array_map or foreach
- Checking if a variable is set using isset or @
- Call functions with parameters with type hinting or without type hinting
- Get the return value of a function calling the function directly or using the eval function
- Count the number of entries in an array using the count function and is_array_function
This package was considered notable for implementing its benefits in a way that is worth noticing.
Notable PHP packages can be often considered innovative. If this package is also innovative, it can be nominated to the PHP Innovation Award and the author may win prizes and recognition for sharing innovative packages.
If you also developed your own notable or innovative packages consider sharing them, so you can also earn more visibility for your package as well nice prizes.
One nice prize that many PHP developers want and you may like is the PHP elePHPant mascot plush.
You need to be a registered user or login to post a comment
1,569,912 PHP developers registered to the PHP Classes site.
Be One of Us!
Login Immediately with your account on:
No comments were submitted yet.