The ReflectionDocBlock Component
The ReflectionDocBlock component of phpDocumentor provides a DocBlock parser
that is 100% compatible with the PHPDoc standard.
With this component, a library can provide support for annotations via DocBlocks
or otherwise retrieve information that is embedded in a DocBlock.
> Note: *this is a core component of phpDocumentor and is constantly being
> optimized for performance.*
You can install the component in the following ways:
- Use the official Github repository (https://github.com/phpDocumentor/ReflectionDocBlock)
- Via Composer (http://packagist.org/packages/phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock)
In order to parse the DocBlock one needs a DocBlockFactory that can be
instantiated using its
createInstance factory method like this:
$factory = \phpDocumentor\Reflection\DocBlockFactory::createInstance();
Then we can use the
create method of the factory to interpret the DocBlock.
Please note that it is also possible to provide a class that has the
getDocComment() method, such as an object of type
create method will read that if it exists.
$docComment = <<<DOCCOMMENT
* This is an example of a summary.
* This is a Description. A Summary and Description are separated by either
* two subsequent newlines (thus a whiteline in between as can be seen in this
* example), or when the Summary ends with a dot (`.`) and some form of
$docblock = $factory->create($docComment);
create method will yield an object of type
whose methods can be queried as shown in the following example.
// Should contain the summary for this DocBlock
$summary = $docblock->getSummary();
// Contains an object of type \phpDocumentor\Reflection\DocBlock\Description;
// you can either cast it to string or use the render method to get a string
// representation of the Description.
$description = $docblock->getDescription();
> For more examples it would be best to review the scripts in the