How to contribute
Community discussion, questions, and informal bug reporting is done on the
dompdf Google group. You may also
seek help on
Submitting bug reports
The preferred way to report bugs is to use the
GitHub issue tracker. Before
reporting a bug, read these pointers.
Please search inside the bug tracker to see if the bug you found is not already reported.
Note: The issue tracker is for bugs and feature requests, not requests for help.
Questions should be asked on the
dompdf Google group instead.
Reporting bugs effectively
- dompdf is maintained by volunteers. They don't owe you anything, so be
polite. Reports with an indignant or belligerent tone tend to be moved to the
bottom of the pile.
- Include information about the PHP version on which the problem occurred. Even
if you tested several PHP version on different servers, and the problem occurred
in all of them, mention this fact in the bug report.
Also include the operating system it's installed on. PHP configuration can also help,
and server error logs (like Apache logs)
- Mention which release of dompdf you're using (the zip, the master branch, etc).
Preferably, try also with the current development snapshot, to ensure the
problem has not already been fixed.
- Mention very precisely what went wrong. "X is broken" is not a good bug
report. What did you expect to happen? What happened instead? Describe the
exact steps a maintainer has to take to make the problem occur. We can not
fix something that we can not observe.
- If the problem can not be reproduced in any of the demos included in the
dompdf distribution, please provide an HTML document that demonstrates
the problem. There are a few options to show us your code:
- JS Fiddle
- dompdf debug helper (provided by @bsweeney)
- Include the HTML/CSS inside the bug report, with
- Make sure you have a GitHub Account
- Fork dompdf
(how to fork a repo)
- Make your changes on the
develop branch or the most appropriate feature branch. Please only patch
the master branch if you are attempting to address an urgent bug in the released code.
- Add a simple test file in
www/test/, with a comprehensive name.
- Add a unit test in the
- Submit a pull request
(how to create a pull request)