Opis Closure is a library that aims to overcome PHP's limitations regarding closure
serialization by providing a wrapper that will make all closures serializable.
The library's key features:
- Serialize any closure
- Serialize arbitrary objects
- Doesn't use
eval for closure serialization or unserialization
- Works with any PHP version that has support for closures
- Supports PHP 7 syntax
- Handles all variables referenced/imported in
use() and automatically wraps all referenced/imported closures for
- Handles recursive closures
- Handles magic constants like
- Automatically resolves all class names, function names and constant names used inside the closure
- Track closure's residing source by using the
- Simple and very fast parser
- Any error or exception, that might occur when executing an unserialized closure, can be caught and treated properly
- You can serialize/unserialize any closure unlimited times, even those previously unserialized
(this is possible because
eval() is not used for unserialization)
- Handles static closures
- Supports cryptographically signed closures
- Provides a reflector that can give you information about the serialized closure
- Provides an analyzer for SuperClosure library
- Automatically detects when the scope and/or the bound object of a closure needs to be serialized
in order for the closure to work after deserialization
The full documentation for this library can be found [here][documentation].
Opis Closure is licensed under the [MIT License (MIT)][license].
Opis Closure is available on [Packagist] and it can be installed from a
command line interface by using [Composer].
composer require opis/closure
Or you could directly reference it into your
composer.json file as a dependency
Migrating from 2.x
If your project needs to support PHP 5.3 you can continue using the
of Opis Closure. Otherwise, assuming you are not using one of the removed/refactored classes or features(see
[CHANGELOG]), migrating to version
3.x is simply a matter of updating your
Opis Closure follows [semantic versioning][SemVer] specifications.
Arbitrary object serialization
This feature was primarily introduced in order to support serializing an object bound
to a closure and available via
$this. The implementation is far from being perfect
and it's really hard to make it work flawless. I will try to improve this, but I can
not guarantee anything. So my advice regarding the
functions is to use them with caution.
Opis Closure is shipped with an analyzer(
aims to provide Opis Closure's parsing precision and speed to [SuperClosure].
[documentation]: https://www.opis.io/closure "Opis Closure"
[license]: http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT "MIT License"
[Packagist]: https://packagist.org/packages/opis/closure "Packagist"
[Composer]: https://getcomposer.org "Composer"
[SuperClosure]: https://github.com/jeremeamia/super_closure "SuperClosure"
[SemVer]: http://semver.org/ "Semantic versioning"
[CHANGELOG]: https://github.com/opis/closure/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md "Changelog"