PHP Classes

User email message

Recommend this page to a friend!

Access user Class  >  All threads  >  User email message  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:User email message
Summary:The message is always the same
Author:Adam Liberman
Date:2005-09-05 22:31:40
Update:2005-09-06 06:06:31

1. User email message   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Adam Liberman Adam Liberman - 2005-09-05 22:31:40
Hi,

When I tried the password reset feature, I (as user, not administrator) got an email but it was the "New User Request" "New user registration on 2005-09-05: Click here to enter the admin page:"

Looking at the function send_mail, I see:

if ($this->admin_mail) {
$subject = "New user request...";
$body = "New user registration on ".date("Y-m-d").":\r\n\r\nClick here to enter the admin page:\r\n\r\n"."http://".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$this->admin_page."?login_id=".$this->id;
} else {
$subject = $this->messages(28);
$body = $this->messages($num);
}

Isn't "if ($this->admin_mail)" always going to be true, since $this->admin_mail is the email address of the administrator (ADMIN_MAIL is set in db_config, and then the variable $admin_mail is set to ADMIN_MAIL in the class)? After disabling this statement "if ($this->admin_mail==1234)" the proper email message got sent out (Enter your new password next, please click the following link to enter the form:).

Thanks,
Adam

2. Re: User email message   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Olaf Lederer Olaf Lederer - 2005-09-06 06:06:31 - In reply to message 1 from Adam Liberman
Hello,

You're right the subject is not clear I changed this already and will publish the new version soon.
Olaf