PHP Classes

problem

Recommend this page to a friend!

MSN Contact list Grabber  >  All threads  >  problem  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:problem
Summary:check the message plz.
Author:casanovar
Date:2005-05-30 18:56:39
Update:2007-09-14 11:27:30

1. problem   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of casanovar casanovar - 2005-05-30 18:56:39
I tried to get this class working but it still doesn't work. Some errors I get:

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/freestyl/public_html/msn/msnlistgrab.php on line 123

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to http://messenger.hotmail.com:1863 in /home/freestyl/public_html/msn/msnlistgrab.php on line 123

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/freestyl/public_html/msn/example.php on line 5

I was already logged in with the same passport and that works fine. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thank You

Ruud

2. Re: 1 error solved   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of daniel far daniel far - 2005-06-07 13:29:02 - In reply to message 1 from casanovar
Hi`
I solved one of teh errors:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to http://messenger.hotmail.com:1863

That's because you firewall is blocking port 1863.

(if you don't have root access to the server, then tell your administrator to allow traffict trough port 1863.

But i keep geeting:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

1 to go...

3. Re: problem   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of nearco nearco - 2006-02-08 17:47:12 - In reply to message 2 from daniel far
I get the same problems,
I'll tell the root admin to allow the traffic on that port...let's see...

4. Re: problem   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of jayasim jayasim - 2007-09-12 12:21:24 - In reply to message 3 from nearco
Same error exists for me too,I cant able access this webpage "messenger.hotmail.com" from browser.I think no one able to,please let me know if this link works

5. Re: problem   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of jayasim jayasim - 2007-09-14 11:27:31 - In reply to message 4 from jayasim
Whay cant we able to create a script for fetching contacts from hotmail.com instead of picking it up from MSN messegenger contacts?cant we able to do so?