PHP Classes

Multipart content headers badly formatted

Recommend this page to a friend!

Easy Mail  >  All threads  >  Multipart content headers badly...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Multipart content headers badly...
Summary:Missing \n in content headers...
Author:Richard Munroe
Date:2006-04-11 17:00:40
Update:2006-04-18 22:51:57

1. Multipart content headers badly...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Richard Munroe Richard Munroe - 2006-04-11 17:00:40
In htmlMail and htmlAttachment the generated content headers are mostly missing a newline between the Content-Transfer-Encoding line and the data.

Some SMTP servers seem to be smart enough to figure out the bad formatting and fix it, most don't seem to be. Unfortunately the one that I normally use in house WAS smart enough so I was pretty puzzled when the production code didn't work.

I was able to fix this problem my making slight modifications to htmlMail and htmlAttachment.

Dick Munroe

2. Re: Multipart content headers badly...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dolly Aswin Harahap Dolly Aswin Harahap - 2006-04-12 02:06:11 - In reply to message 1 from Richard Munroe
Thanks sir, for the response

3. Re: Multipart content headers badly...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Richard Munroe Richard Munroe - 2006-04-18 22:51:57 - In reply to message 1 from Richard Munroe
The latest release of Easy_Mail still has a bug in the content headers. Each content header, not just content headers for attachments, are required to have 2 \n characters seperating the content header and the content.

Dick Munroe