PHP Classes

FloIcon usage

Recommend this page to a friend!

floIcon  >  All threads  >  FloIcon usage  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:FloIcon usage
Summary:Use floIcon in a CMS template
Author:Argo Navis
Date:2013-01-14 13:34:52
Update:2013-01-19 11:25:36

1. FloIcon usage   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Argo Navis Argo Navis - 2013-01-14 13:34:52
Hi,

Thank you for this great library. I'd like to use it in a CMS template, and I'd like to know if the previous license still applies, or if there is a newer distribution model.

2. Re: FloIcon usage   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joshua hatfield Joshua hatfield - 2013-01-14 15:23:14 - In reply to message 1 from Argo Navis
The original still applies. Being a web developer, I would question the use of windows icon files in web application though. It's effectively an obsolete format because all the web browsers accept png's as favicons nowadays.

3. Re: FloIcon usage   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Argo Navis Argo Navis - 2013-01-14 21:28:27 - In reply to message 2 from Joshua hatfield
Good point, and thank you for your prompt reply.

4. Re: FloIcon usage   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joshua hatfield Joshua hatfield - 2013-01-14 21:48:38 - In reply to message 3 from Argo Navis
No problem.

5. Re: FloIcon usage   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Argo Navis Argo Navis - 2013-01-18 09:58:05 - In reply to message 4 from Joshua hatfield
Good morning,

I carefully verified which browsers support png favicons, and Internet Explorer 8 doesn't. It is, however, still in use, with many units of Windows XP relying on it; which makes it necessary for me to support icon files generation.

In the context of a commercial CMS, I plan on:
1) Adding the floIcon license text (inside the relevant directory of the distributed software).
2) On the promotion page, to refer to, and link to, the author's material in the terms discussed with the author, as part of my list of third party components. For brevity, I'd rather feature your full name, the floIcon name, and a link.

Would this be sufficient to meet the licensing requirement?

In advance thank you for your feedback.

6. Re: FloIcon usage   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joshua hatfield Joshua hatfield - 2013-01-19 11:25:36 - In reply to message 5 from Argo Navis
I suppose they have been a bit retarded (in the literal sense)...

I don't fucking care dude, I wrote this like 5 years ago. It's not like I get donations or subsidiaries or anything. If you don't use it, it'll just be dead code. Go ahead. If you feel like making a donation, make it to floAuction on bukkit.org. Donate $10 for my beer tomorrow if you think you'll actually make a profit and we'll call it even, lol.