PHP Classes

Name is misleading

Recommend this page to a friend!

SMTPs  >  All threads  >  Name is misleading  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Name is misleading
Summary:Take note of the lower-case "s" in the name
Author:SC
Date:2011-05-13 14:48:11
Update:2011-05-13 15:41:47

1. Name is misleading   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of SC SC - 2011-05-13 14:48:11
I haven't used your code but I'm sure it's wonderful. I needed something that would send e-mails through encryption, i.e. SMTPS (Secure SMTP). Not sure if this is easily possible with just PHP classes seeing as the encryption types used are SSL/TLS and you will need those libraries to communicate to the SMTP server through these methods.

Just wanted to note that the name you gave your project is misleading and does _not_ include support for secure SMTP. Not an insult! Just putting it out there for those browsing for that type of class.

2. Re: Name is misleading   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of SC SC - 2011-05-13 15:41:47 - In reply to message 1 from SC
Aha, found what I was looking for. http://www.phpkode.com/scripts/item/secure-smtp-client/
Very simple method they use. It uses the stream_crypto functions. Note: you need to have OpenSSL installed on the server. Almost all web hosts will have this available, unless they are very dumb. Perhaps you could use this method in your class to allow for tls/ssl connections? Very beneficial!