PHP Classes

One of the things that I have noticed on others as well as th...

Recommend this page to a friend!

Split Query Results  >  All threads  >  One of the things that I have...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:One of the things that I have...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:tom moore
Date:2008-04-07 13:36:33
Update:2008-04-08 09:40:24

tom moore rated this package as follows:

Utility: Not sure
Consistency: Not sure
Examples: Insufficient

1. One of the things that I have...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of tom moore tom moore - 2008-04-07 13:36:34
One of the things that I have noticed on others as well as this one, a huge help would be to use the class in a practical example and explain conceptualy what is being done.

2. Re: One of the things that I have...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Giuseppe Ferrara Giuseppe Ferrara - 2008-04-08 09:40:24 - In reply to message 1 from tom moore
Hi Tom,
when you have a query with lots of results, you may want to split this results on more pages, like every search engine (and more) does.
I.e. you have 200 results and you want to show 20 results per page, so you need to build a function that permit to link on the other pages.
With my class you don't have to build anything then the object, and what you get is something like (at the end of your data grid):

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

you can jump from a page to another and view the results that page contains; if you have more then 10 pages, a button (or a text) appears to jump on next 10 pages, like:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT >>

and, of course, you can come back, with a previous button (or text) like:

<< PREVIOUS 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 NEXT >>

i have written this examples on the class and the example (with the sql file that you have to import into your mySQL) show how it works.
So let me know what you exactly don't understand.
Thanks,

Giuseppe