PHP Classes

won't run

Recommend this page to a friend!

Current City Weather  >  All threads  >  won't run  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:won't run
Summary:copied to server but examples won't run
Author:gary kozlowski
Date:2008-09-06 16:07:26
Update:2008-09-08 04:36:32

1. won't run   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of gary kozlowski gary kozlowski - 2008-09-06 16:07:26
I have renamed the files to .php. When I run the examples all I get is a blank screen and "done" at the bottom.

What am I doing wrong? I would really like to incorporate this into the website I have created for our Homeowners Association.

Thanks,
Gary Kozlowski
gary.kozlowski@gmail.com

2. Re: won't run   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Matthew Johnston Matthew Johnston - 2008-09-06 21:56:29 - In reply to message 1 from gary kozlowski
what php version are you running? Also, could you turn on error reporting and tell me if your getting any errors? the only errors that should display when doing this, is about static variables.

3. Re: won't run   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of gary kozlowski gary kozlowski - 2008-09-07 12:45:40 - In reply to message 2 from Matthew Johnston
PHP 4.3.9

Where/how do I turn on error reporting.

4. Re: won't run   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Matthew Johnston Matthew Johnston - 2008-09-08 04:36:32 - In reply to message 3 from gary kozlowski
in the php file from where you are initializing the class
i.e "require_once 'Weather_Class.php'" above that put,

ini_set("display_errors","2");
ERROR_REPORTING(E_ALL);

that should display the errors if there are any, also, you must be running php 5+ for this script to work, i'm working on a PHP 4 version if that is what your running.