PHP Classes

ONLINE?

Recommend this page to a friend!

Yahoo status pm  >  All threads  >  ONLINE?  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:ONLINE?
Summary:Incorrect status
Author:johno dread
Date:2010-04-23 12:56:58
Update:2010-04-23 21:29:41

1. ONLINE?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of johno dread johno dread - 2010-04-23 12:56:59
Hello,

Is there somethng I am missing? I tried this with a few address that I know for certain are online but this returns NOT ONLINE. Does this works for mobile?
Does this only work for YIM and nothing when in yahoo mail?

2. Re: ONLINE?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Moein Akbarof Moein Akbarof - 2010-04-23 15:27:12 - In reply to message 1 from johno dread
hello there
Im not sure if it works for mobile or not but i think it does
i checked it again and it works fine
you should know that the only thing that you must change is the two YAHOO_ID in test.html then using the code(in test.html) wherever you want(there are two YAHOO_ID! the second one is for showing and the first one is for sending the pm)
it only works for yahoo
and for those who want to test it on local
you cant open the test.html directly since it needs to compile status.php in order to show the photo
with the best regards
M.A

3. Re: ONLINE?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of johno dread johno dread - 2010-04-23 15:55:34 - In reply to message 2 from Moein Akbarof
a direct hit on the Y server like this :
opi.yahoo.com/online?u=myid@yahoo.c ...

should return the correct information but it is not. Unless this server is locaion specific, meaning if you are not in the specific countries the results are not reliable

4. Re: ONLINE?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Moein Akbarof Moein Akbarof - 2010-04-23 16:46:12 - In reply to message 3 from johno dread
i know why it doesnt work for you
i checked it out
i tried it with @yahoo.com and it didnt work for me
you should cut the @yahoo.com and just put myid
with the best regards
M.A

5. Re: ONLINE?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Moein Akbarof Moein Akbarof - 2010-04-23 16:47:44 - In reply to message 4 from Moein Akbarof
which means in test.html if you have an email like myid@yahoo.com you should put the whole address but just myid
tell if it works
with the best regards
M.A

6. Re: ONLINE?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Moein Akbarof Moein Akbarof - 2010-04-23 16:57:33 - In reply to message 5 from Moein Akbarof
sorry a little mistake
you shouldn't* use the whole address just the myid

7. Re: ONLINE?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of johno dread johno dread - 2010-04-23 21:29:41 - In reply to message 6 from Moein Akbarof
Thanks I realised that was the problem earlier. I thought your class could be expaned to do a lot more so I incorporated your class in a package I wrote called Yahoo_chat.

It allows the site support people to determine if which users are online and initiate communication through Y!IM.

You can read more on it at: http://www.wackyb.co.nz/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=264