PHP Classes

PHP 5.x and later and package MIME E-mail message sending

Recommend this page to a friend!

MIME E-mail message sending  >  All threads  >  PHP 5.x and later and package MIME...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:PHP 5.x and later and package MIME...
Summary:Compatibility with newer PHP versions
Author:Mark
Date:2016-07-25 14:35:01

1. PHP 5.x and later and package MIME...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mark Mark - 2016-07-25 14:35:01
Hi Manuel, how compatible is the script with newer versions of PHP?

I just downloaded the class and the form example and tried to just preview the file in my IDE but I see a lot of PHP code displayed and a message about the Portuguese origin of a Japanese word, even though it's commented out in the script.

This is the first block of the HTML page shown before the horizontal rule and after that it's a lot of text mixed with code and table and form elements displayed:

\n\n"; echo "

".$title."
\n

Is IsSet case sensitive? Usually I see and use isset.

Both scripts are in the same folder.

I'm just trying to view and not execute the page as I'm on a local WAMP test server.

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or doing it wrong.

Thanks.

2. Re: PHP 5.x and later and package MIME...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2016-07-25 18:27:47 - In reply to message 1 from Mark
Yes, that particular example script is very old and was never updated. I just updated it now. You can download it. Just let me know if you find other issues. Thank you for reporting.

3. Re: PHP 5.x and later and package MIME...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mark Mark - 2016-07-25 19:44:56 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Thanks Manuel. It displays perfectly now. I'll read the documentation to see how to use it. Is there documentation in the SMTP archive on using it with the mailer?

If I run into problems testing, I'll post here.

4. Re: PHP 5.x and later and package MIME...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2016-07-26 02:20:08 - In reply to message 3 from Mark
The SMTP message class is just a sub-class of the email message class. So the base documentation is the same. There are a few more variables that you can check in the example scripts.