PHP Classes

inline html images also as attachment

Recommend this page to a friend!

MIME E-mail message sending  >  All threads  >  inline html images also as attachment  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:inline html images also as attachment
Summary:Link to full-size inline images
Author:William
Date:2007-10-26 20:29:33
Update:2007-10-26 20:45:13

1. inline html images also as attachment   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of William William - 2007-10-26 20:29:33
I am embedding images inline into an html message, which works great. However, the way I am displaying the images makes them too small to see clearly in their HTML form.

I am wondering if there is a way to somehow link to the full-size image within the html? I tried adding the image as both an inline and attachment, which displays the image twice (at least in Thunderbird with "Display attachments inline" selected). This is not the desired effect, ideally I would like the image to be linked to the attached image file so that when a user clicks the image in the HTML message, it opens the attached file for that image just like any normal attached file.

Is this possible, or is this dependent on the way the e-mail client handles the images? I should also note that these images are not publicly internet accessible, they come from a database, so they cannot be linked to externally.

Any help would be great.

2. Re: inline html images also as attachment   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of William William - 2007-10-26 20:45:13 - In reply to message 1 from William
I'm going to answer myself...

It was as easy as linking to the same url that I use in the img html tag. This provides the functionality I was looking for.