|All available jobs||>||Jobs in Australia||>||Remote Laravel Jedi||>||Apply to this job|
|Summary:||Awesome opportunity for a full-stack Web application development Jedi with a focus on Laravel and a passion for software engineering to join a successful and globally respected company. Flexibility to work remotely in an Asia-Pacific time zone, with a friendly and capable team.|
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
|Description:||Award Force () is a fast-growing Australian SaaS company, with our flagship B2B product serving hundreds of clients globally, hundreds of thousands of users, and growing.|
Our team is fully remote, distributed worldwide, set-up with all the tools to collaborate effectively across distance and time zones.
Our engineering team is in Australia and Europe— we’re currently inviting candidates located anywhere in Asia Pacific region to apply, to work from your home office or coworking space.
We're looking for an engineer with core strengths in Laravel, database design, and software engineering and architecture.
The successful applicant will be a well-rounded engineer, with expertise in server-side technologies and frameworks, as well as experience working with Amazon Web Services, in particular; S3, EC2, RDS and Cloudfront.
You will be provided with project requirements, UX wireframes, UI design and direction, and be able to implement capably and confidently, with help and advice from senior members of the team.
- Located in a Asia Pacific time zone / You’re located anywhere in Australia, New Zealand or +/- 2 hours within the AET timezone
- 5+ years commercial experience in a software engineering / development role.
- Have worked with Laravel on commercial projects.
- Finesse – attention-to-detail, robust code and pixel perfection. You will be expected to carefully implement complex requirements with a focus on solid architecture, security, and performance.
- Passion – for the internet, open-source, computing, devices, gaming and Star Wars. You’re keen to push the envelope and develop elegant solutions, continuously improving your skills and projects that you work on.
- English fluency is a must.
Experience and capabilities
We're more interested in enthusiastic, fast learners, eager to continuously learn and improve skills, than somebody that can tick every one of these boxes - ideally you have a mix of many of the following:
Software engineering and architecture skills in PHP and importantly, Laravel
Experience with AWS services: S3, EC2, RDS (MySQL) & Cloudfront
Experience writing unit, integrated and acceptance tests
Implemented UI’s with clean, semantic HTML5, CSS3, SASS, grid frameworks and responsive web design
Linux hosting environment, and shell command line familiarity
Used to Git, collaborating with other developers and working with other people's’ code
What we offer
- Full-time permanent role, based remotely
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Friendly, sociable, responsible team
- Cutting edge, fun and varied engineering requirements
- A supportive and experienced senior team
- An emphasis on collaboration, continuous improvement and skill development
We’re ready to go when you are, the sooner the better
We’ll make sure you’re set up with the equipment you need
How to apply
Submission is via the Award Force system only, the application will take you about 15-20 minutes and applications outside the system will not be considered.
Award Force is an equal opportunity employer. We are a growing business made up of professional, like-minded, mature individuals who celebrate diversity, work in a discrimination free environment, value continuous improvement and support environmental initiatives.