|Summary:||We are seeking a senior level Laravel and React person. Can you test, build, and scale large scale applications? Do you want to be challenged every day to come up with amazing solutions to problems and be part of a team that shapes the product and architecture?|
|Location:||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Same country candidates:||Yes (Accept only candidates from United States)|
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
|Description:||How Our Development Team Works|
We’re a distributed fully remote development team, working across multiple US-based timezones. We follow an agile approach to our planning and work, including:
- Sprint planning/estimations
- Pair programming via Zoom & Slack
- Code reviews
- Weekly Show and Tell
- We strive to build quality into every change that we make and as such our team uses TDD and Travis for continuous integration. Security is also a #1 priority so we run periodic security scans on our application to ensure that our users are protected.
What We Are Looking For
- You’ll need experience in modern PHP practices (via Laravel, Symfony etc), Git workflows, working with GitHub and real-world PHP and React testing experience (PHPUnit/Enzyme/Jest).
- Proficiency in building RESTful APIs
- Proficiency in developing solutions in React
- Adaptability to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Critical thinker
- Embody the culture values at Breeze
- Minimum 2+ years experience in React
- Minimum 3+ years experience in working with PHP (Preferably in Laravel)
- Love to experiment with the latest technologies and teach us about it
- Take responsibility for the end product.
- Build high-quality solutions using TDD and automated testing
- Experience with Git & GitHub
- Some experience working with CodeIgniter
- US based and legally allowed to work full time in the US
- Degree in Computer Science
- Infrastructure management experience
- Our Tech Stack
The latest stack is:
- Laravel (RESTful API)
- React / React Native
- Bootstrap 4
- GitHub Pull Request
- Travis CI build process
- LEMP (Linux, Nginx, MySQL and PHP) in production (and LEMP via Docker in development)
Who is Breeze?
We are a cloud-based software company making Church Software Simple. We strive, with everything we do, to be the world’s easiest web-based church management software for small and mid-sized churches. Breeze is used by more than six thousand churches to organize people, track giving, manage events and more.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and participation in company 401K.