|All available jobs||>||Jobs in United States||>||Lead Full-stack Web Developer [Remote]||>||Apply to this job|
|Summary:||We are looking for a full-time Lead Full Stack Developer to help plan, design, and implement our large-scale development projects.|
You can work remotely but you must be in the Americas. We are particularly interested in candidates in Latin America (LATAM).
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
|Description:||You have experience building custom solutions using WordPress and understanding and writing frontend code. If you are a generalist when it comes to writing code and comfortable on any end of a tech stack, then you might be the perfect fit.|
We build digital experiences for organizations making the world a better place, clients like the International Rescue Committee, the American Cancer Society, and the Rainforest Alliance.
We are a small, flexible, and collaborative team excited about tackling challenging projects.
While this is a full-time developer position, for the right candidate, this could transition into a larger role within the company with the possibility of helping us build a team in your location.
We’re interested in creating a development team off-shore and the ideal candidate would have an entrepreneurial drive and excitement around helping grow a Radish Lab office in his/her own country.
- Must speak English fluently.
- You're a creative problem solver who can balance the technical and business value of the task at hand.
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way.
- You're not afraid of asking questions or admitting when you don't have the answer.
- You're experienced at managing multiple projects, concurrent deadlines, and working under pressure.
- You're curious and a quick learner; eager to learn new methods and technologies
- You're an excellent communicator in both verbal and written English (required)
- You're quick to jump on a video chat to work a problem out quickly instead of relying on Slack or email.
- You've got a good sense of humor.
- You're interested in social change and engaged with causes.
- Write backend application code for WordPress-based and other types of websites.
- Assist with and direct frontend development as necessary, particularly in regards to the intersection between front and back end application design.
- Managing Node dependencies and other libraries related to projects, as well as the configuration of those libraries.
- Assist with light DevOps operations, such as code deployments and build script configurations.
- Complete ongoing maintenance tasks within regular sprint cycles, and direct the testing and documentation around those tasks.
- Offer feedback to designers and product stakeholders during the early strategic phases of projects.
You'll also be
- Working with our project managers to plan project timelines
- Working with our new business manager to provide feedback on proposals and estimates
- Helping manage and plan our overall development approach to projects and DevOps
- 5+ years of backend development using languages like PHP (especially) and Ruby
- Ability to build and test web applications end-to-end, and have a thorough understanding of HTTP requests, RESTful APIs, authorization systems and comfort with using third-party solutions to solve problems.
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills and great patience in dealing with technical problems
- Experience and familiarity with the MVC architectural pattern (Laravel, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, etc.)
- Comfort with the terminal, running command-line based utilities, knowledge of shell scripting (e.g. Bash)
Nice to Have
- Experience with writing frontend build scripts, for example using Webpack
- Ruby on Rails
- Cloud-based infrastructures like AWS, GCS or Azure
Container-based applications, particularly using Docker
Background in working with fast-paced environments like a creative agency
- A dog or cat you like to share pictures of with the team
40,000 – 65,000 USD per year depending on the candidate. (The pay will be in USD and converted into your currency according to the exchange rate at the time.)
How to Apply
Please upload an awesome (seriously) cover letter and your resume. And include links to your Github account in the introduction space.