This is a remote, full-time position.
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
|Description:||Client Company Description:|
The client is a consulting agency that helps enterprise organizations to better understand their problems and identify opportunities where Open Source technologies can be utilized to solve these problems.
In order to do so, they collaborate with their clients on requirements and estimates to create a project plan and then provide development resources for the project.
Progress is managed by a proprietary methodology that helps them reach their goals while staying within their budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an agency, the client is currently involved in several large projects which require a variety of skills.
In order of importance, they are Drupal 7, Drupal 8, and finally general PHP with experience in Node.js/MongoDB.
Familiarity with SuiteCRM, SugarCRM, and Meteor would be a plus.
As a Fullstack Senior Developer, you will be working on both backend site-building and frontend theming.
You will be working on several projects and will be open to learning new technologies or improving your current skills when other needs arise. In order to complete your tasks, you will be working within the client’s proprietary methodology.
As a developer, you will need to be compatible with 3 major aspects of this methodology:
1- You would be dealing with JIRA tickets estimated at a maximum of 2-3 hours at a very granular level. For each one of them, you would be provided with the user story, technical approach, and acceptance criteria.
2- Tasks are sometimes estimated by another internal team member, so you would need to:
- Communicate if you disagree with the estimate and offer suggestions or alternatives to make things happen within budget while explaining trade-offs
- Achieve the deadline even if that involves offering implementation compromises up to your project manager and the client
3- Track your time by using Toggl which allows the company to collect metrics on your work.
Relationships - Who You'll be working with:
You will be reporting to the agency Principal who is also a senior software engineer. There is an existing daily meeting at 11:00am America/Los Angeles (-08:00) PST.
- 3-5 years of experience with advanced PHP development
- Humble, honest, hungry and smart
- Organized, systematic, and logical
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and grow from constructive feedback.
- Experience with Git
Desired (Nice-to-have) Skills:
- Experience with Drupal 6, 7 and/or 8 (strongly desired)
- Familiarity with Meteor.js
- Computer Science degree or comparable solid knowledge and real-world programming experience
- Linux admin capabilities
- Experience with Pantheon for hosting
- Experience with Symfony
- Contribution to at least one Open Source project
As soon as possible.
Expected Contract Duration:
This is expected to be an ongoing engagement