|All available jobs||>||Jobs in Germany||>||Remote PHP Developer and DevOps Engineer||>||Apply to this job|
|Summary:||Our company is searching for a Backend Developer who will implement features, improve our workflow tools, optimize the performance and most importantly, share the passion for our games!|
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
|Description:||Bring your knowledge of software engineering principles and backend systems as well as a pragmatic way of finding solutions by working with our PHP codebase and our CI-/CD-pipeline.|
- Contribute to the continuous development and the enhancement of our existing build-pipelines
- Develop and optimize the PHP backend to implement solid, tested game logic of one of our keystone games
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
- Be part of the whole feature development lifecycle by collaborating with other Developers, Game Designers and Artists
- You are solution-oriented and confident about your efficient style of work
- You have worked for several years with PHP and OOP
- You are motivated not only to work with our codebase, but also to improve workflows and tools for the team (e.g. Jenkins)
- You have gained years of professional experiences working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- You are an absolute team player and a good communicator (e.g. written & verbal English language skills needed)
In addition, you bring some of the following nice-to-have’s
- Experienced with other languages like python and bash and comfortable with using command-line interfaces
- Working experience with MVC frameworks and well-versed in design patterns/software architecture
- Experienced with writing automation tests (unit, functional, integration tests)
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a comparable education
- A proactive and motivated individual with a strong willingness to learn
- Passion for online strategy games and knowledge of relevant game mechanics
Why join us?
- You’ll work in a multicultural agile team – enabling you and your team to form and actively optimize work processes
- We actively support personal development with internal and external trainings as well as sending you to Developer conferences
- We provide you with a mobile device (e.g. iPhone or iPad) for private use
- You can take creative breaks: play table tennis with your team, play on our arcade machines, work out in our gym or simply go to our roof terrace to get some fresh air
- We contribute to your public transport ticket and subsidize contributions to the company pension plan
- We offer free drinks and fresh fruit to contribute to your health and wellbeing
- We have regular team events (e.g. curling, cooking, paintball), barbecue together on our rooftop terrace and a company-organized after work get together every Thursday
- We offer trust-based working times in a modern office in the center of Hamburg
- Our company language is English, and we support all our employees and their partners with optional German lessons
- We help you relocate to Hamburg
- We have fun at work!
Are you excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Backend Developer? We look forward to receiving your application (cover letter & CV) as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date through our online application form. Maximilian Kaeding would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Apply and #stayhome! Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we switched our operations company-wide to home office and turned our hiring process into a fully virtual one. When hiring, we are also open for our new team members starting their work remotely at the time being or adjusting contract start dates accordingly. Stay home and safe!
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live gameshttps://www.innogames.com/ and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.